Anyone been back to the gym?

£25 is still decent for the council/everyone active gyms, sure the old full price used to be £35.

I pay annually and I think it was £240, or could have paid £24 monthly (got discount for bairn having swimming lessons).

Runs out in July so will try and renew early if its still on when they re-open.

I paid annually last year, to get the sale price locked for the whole year.

They hinted in an email that they would honour the lockdown periods but I have heard nothing yet.

Any idea what will happen with the lost time or is it tough? Think my time runs out in April/may (whenever they open up last year can't remember now).

The price is decent for what you get. I have my gripes, like there only is one weight bench for the whole gym and about 20 exercise machines half of which don't get used. But I can't grumble too much they kept their gyms or at least the gym I visited very clean and covid secure.

I paid annually last year, to get the sale price locked for the whole year.

They hinted in an email that they would honour the lockdown periods but I have heard nothing yet.

Any idea what will happen with the lost time or is it tough? Think my time runs out in April/may (whenever they open up last year can't remember now).

The price is decent for what you get. I have my gripes, like there only is one weight bench for the whole gym and about 20 exercise machines half of which don't get used. But I can't grumble too much they kept their gyms or at least the gym I visited very clean and covid secure.
They should have just extended it.

On the app you can view your end date under my membership.
Mine has start date in October 2019, ends in July 2021.

I see they’re building a costa at Peel on McDonalds car park. Going to be tasty the parking on a Monday night over at JD. I also see JD are doing a recruitment exercise for new members :rolleyes:
It's pathetic trying to get in and out of there sometimes it could quite easily be sorted too. Fit ***** to the left fat ***** to the right

got 4 out of next 5 days booked at ashington leisure centre from tomorrow, looking at photos , looks as though rearranged a lot of equipment and possibly brought some back. diffcult to tell, will find out tomorrow.

Looking forward to tomorrow. The last 4-6 weeks i've really lost a lot of motivation, but the gyms opening again is a big deal for my physical and mental health, like I am sure many others. A few months to get into shape for summer as well
Awesome mate :cool:

I've still not missed a single day of training since I started back on 22nd September and now the good stuff is back!, can't wait1

Got tomorrow and Tuesday off so I’m going to try and spend a couple of hours in there. Might do a couple of muscle groups.

No doubt every one else will have the same idea and will have taken tomorrow off.
JD does my head in but I’m not going to go anywhere else so best get on with it

Got tomorrow and Tuesday off so I’m going to try and spend a couple of hours in there. Might do a couple of muscle groups.

No doubt every one else will have the same idea and will have taken tomorrow off.
JD does my head in but I’m not going to go anywhere else so best get on with it
Full body for me in the morning, just want to hit everything out of the gate :lol:. Then from Tuesday will be more sensible.

My plan is gym in the mornings and running in the evenings.

Be interesting to hear JD Washy members’ views after they’ve been this week. I’m expecting, after four months, that there is still a shortage of clips and at least one broken machine.

Full body for me in the morning, just want to hit everything out of the gate :lol:. Then from Tuesday will be more sensible.

My plan is gym in the mornings and running in the evenings.
Chest and back in the morning for me.
Being keeping my hand in in the garage with some free weights I've got.
Gym in the morning and bike after work.

Chest and back in the morning for me.
Being keeping my hand in in the garage with some free weights I've got.
Gym in the morning and bike after work.
Might try book a swim instead of gym

had a bench and some old weights in garage all thru lockdown , but have done FA cardio due to a year long injury after a bike crash

Last edited:
Might try book a swim instead of gym

had a bench and some old weights in garage all thru lockdown , but have done FA cardio due to a year long injury after a bike crash
I've been out on my bike on weekend mornings.
Went up to Whitley Bay this morning. Was lovely along thru Tynemouth.

Be interesting to hear JD Washy members’ views after they’ve been this week. I’m expecting, after four months, that there is still a shortage of clips and at least one broken machine.
I Emailed them before we went into lockdown asking how have they managed to be closed for so long yet not bothered to :-

• Fix the broken machines
  • Buy more clips as there was an evident shortage
They said they were planning on doing it but i'm not holding my breath.

I am starting a 12 week strength and conditioning course from tomorrow but will still use JD on the days i am not training elsewhere.

I Emailed them before we went into lockdown asking how have they managed to be closed for so long yet not bothered to :-

• Fix the broken machines
  • Buy more clips as there was an evident shortage
They said they were planning on doing it but i'm not holding my breath.

I am starting a 12 week strength and conditioning course from tomorrow but will still use JD on the days i am not training elsewhere.
Excellent good on you for emailing them. I’m really hoping it isn’t crammed at 11am when I go and that they pull groups up who aren’t in bubbles or part of the same household.

nowt worse seeing a group of 5 or 6 lads all on the same machine (with crap form) on their phones when I’m waiting for it.

I’m whinging for the sake of it now.
Well that was superb mind. Blasted just about everything.

Last edited:
Despite having a decent little set up at home now, I was absolutely buzzing to get back in the gym this morning.

Got in around 9 and it was pretty quiet. Good leg session.
Same here. Went about half 10, JD Washy not too busy, got on everything I needed. Blasted my chest, shoulders and triceps today. Will fall back into a routine from tomorrow.

I’ve got weights just not heavy enough for chest or back really.

Same here. Went about half 10, JD Washy not too busy, got on everything I needed. Blasted my chest, shoulders and triceps today. Will fall back into a routine from tomorrow.

I’ve got weights just not heavy enough for chest or back really.
Have they got any new machines or anything? I've got S+C tonight so will go tomorrow but my workout will be dependant on what they've gone instore tonight.

Back