Anyone been back to the gym?

Went on my lunch break. The vibe couldn’t have been any more different to July. Very subdued. Did a short, relatively light session just to ease myself back in, as I imagine most people do after four weeks off.

Meanwhile, I saw some of the usual numpties going for one rep maxes on deadlift on my way out. I rolled my eyes.

Went on my lunch break. The vibe couldn’t have been any more different to July. Very subdued. Did a short, relatively light session just to ease myself back in, as I imagine most people do after four weeks off.

Meanwhile, I saw some of the usual numpties going for one rep maxes on deadlift on my way out. I rolled my eyes.
Which gym are you at? Just wondering what to expect when we head there after work.

Can’t imagine they’ve changed since November 1st so they are right next to each other but there’s plenty.
Cheers, I haven't been since the 1st lock down, was happy to ride my bike outside, but now it's getting cold the old bones are complaining a bit and I fancy some warm exercise

Cheers, I haven't been since the 1st lock down, was happy to ride my bike outside, but now it's getting cold the old bones are complaining a bit and I fancy some warm exercise
They’ve spaced the spinning bikes and moved the exercise bikes and put more elliptical and running machines in.

weights are the same. I just hope the staff improve and enforce no group training.

Been in Fitness 2000 this afternoon..it’s quiet then anyway but nice to be back in..handed a sturdy bit of kitchen roll to wipe machines down after use.

In Pure earlier..running session on treadmill before the weight room, it's so good to be back!

Just took it easy on the weights today as a month away i didn't want to go crazy. IMO people were less bothered about wiping down etc. Suppose just have to do your bit.

Anyone been to JD in Washington yet? How spaced out are the treadmills and ellipticals?
Treadmills are now a 'one every other machine' i.e. one available, next out of use, one available, next out of use.

Seen a slight improvement in JD Washington last night, few young lads instructing groups they can't train together. Was absolutely rammed at 5 but then weirdly went quiet at about 5:45

One thing that pisses me off about the place is they've had weeks to sort equipment out yet theres still a massive shortage of clips, spend half your session trying to find any.
They’ve spaced the spinning bikes and moved the exercise bikes and put more elliptical and running machines in.

weights are the same. I just hope the staff improve and enforce no group training.
They seemed to yesterday to be fair.
Been today weights felt heavier and pool seemed longer 😂
But pleased I been and back into swing of it
Thought i had kept myself ticking over during lockdown by just utilising the cast iron barbell I have. The 34KG dumbells felt like 50s yesterday :eek:

Last edited:
Treadmills are now a 'one every other machine' i.e. one available, next out of use, one available, next out of use.

Seen a slight improvement in JD Washington last night, few young lads instructing groups they can't train together. Was absolutely rammed at 5 but then weirdly went quiet at about 5:45

One thing that pisses me off about the place is they've had weeks to sort equipment out yet theres still a massive shortage of clips, spend half your session trying to find any.

They seemed to yesterday to be fair.

Thought i had kept myself ticking over during lockdown by just utilising the cast iron barbell I have. The 34KG dumbells felt like 50s yesterday :eek:
I’ve just come back. Very quiet. How I like it. But aye, a month has passed and there’s a shortage of clips, the one and only cable fly machine is still out of order.
where do the clips go? People think it’s funny to steal them?

I’ve just come back. Very quiet. How I like it. But aye, a month has passed and there’s a shortage of clips, the one and only cable fly machine is still out of order.
where do the clips go? People think it’s funny to steal them?
No idea mate, I'm going to Email them now and just say it's out of order having to search for clips and to get some ordered.

No idea mate, I'm going to Email them now and just say it's out of order having to search for clips and to get some ordered.
Haha if you do and they reply let me know what they say. It’s been a problem since it opened with the clips. I’m sure the young’uns are just nicking them.

I know it’s a budget gym and I love the place but the machines and equipment could really do with being replaced.

Back