Anyone been back to the gym?

I’ve been back for a couple of weeks - I’m enjoying it but I have been sleeping like a baby after the sessions. 11 hours sleep last night!

When I was running regularly over lockdown I felt energised and wasn’t tired at all.

Do I need to eat more carbs or will I eventually adapt to weight training 3 or 4 times a week?

Does anyone know if anything has been said about DW with the ongoing administration issue?

I went a couple of times when it reopened but not since and the website/social media tells you nothing.

Does anyone know if anything has been said about DW with the ongoing administration issue?

I went a couple of times when it reopened but not since and the website/social media tells you nothing.

Ashley's just bought them today hasn't he 36m

Scottish gyms could open from today so I’ve just ran across in my lunch hour.

In my wisdom I thought a kegs session was the best way to break myself in, turning into a difficult 200 yard walk home. In my defence it’s workout 1 of the programme I was doing pre-lockdown. Lifting between 1/3 and 1/2 of what I was 5 and a half months ago as well.

2 posers there who didn’t think the rules apply to them and didn’t bother wiping down any of the equipment, and a girl was standing slap bang in the middle of the 2and a bit metre wide corridor playing on her phone but otherwise was an ok experience

Last edited:
Just been there and pretty disappointed due to it being the first time I’ve seen people not give a shit about COVID or even gym etiquette. Lad there didn’t wipe down anything, left weights lying all over the place ffs

JD Washy are hit and miss with the social distancing and that. I’ve seen the staff tell a group of 17 year olds that they can’t train together but they don’t tell the older, perhaps more intimidating, lot the same.

Staff could also be a bit smarter with cleaning the blue towels up that folk have left instead of talking a lot.

The majority do wipe the machines down mind but some are just absolutely minging.

JD Washy are hit and miss with the social distancing and that. I’ve seen the staff tell a group of 17 year olds that they can’t train together but they don’t tell the older, perhaps more intimidating, lot the same.

Staff could also be a bit smarter with cleaning the blue towels up that folk have left instead of talking a lot.

The majority do wipe the machines down mind but some are just absolutely minging.
The staffing is totally inconsistent in my gym, I’ve moaned about it a few times.

The older swimming instructor who has been doing overtime shifts as a COVID monitor/cleaner on the gym floor is a rules Nazi. She tells people they are going to get the gym closed down for carrying their jumper around with them.

On the other hand, my wife has complained about 17/18 year olds training in groups of 4/5 and generally getting in peoples’ way to the other COVID monitors and they’ve just shrugged their shoulders and suggested that perhaps they are all from the same household (they’re not).

Unfortunately the rule Nazi doesn’t seem to ever be on shift when the large groups are in (or she’s a good deterrent)

JD Washington have had authorities in and told they are on a final warning regarding adherence to Covid19 rules. Will be closed down if they are found to be not complying again.

What’s the crack there like? That’s the gym I use and I’ve never noticed anything.

people not following the rules. Like a like of the comments above call out. But also allowing too many people into gym area and classes during peak times. It’s ridiculous how busy it is at times. When I’ve been in it’s mainly young lads in groups causing issues. They need to clamp down on it or else it’s going to get shit down.

people not following the rules. Like a like of the comments above call out. But also allowing too many people into gym area and classes during peak times. It’s ridiculous how busy it is at times. When I’ve been in it’s mainly young lads in groups causing issues. They need to clamp down on it or else it’s going to get shit down.
It is far too busy but they are allowing people to train together. Like I’ve said before they seem to be telling the 16/17 year olds but then ignoring the 20/30 year olds who are training together. I just think the staff need to do a lot more. I know they aren’t cleaners and people should clean up after themselves but the amount of blue paper towels on the floor is canny bad like. Maybe it’s just me being picky. If you go in at 5-7pm you wouldn’t think there was a pandemic.

I moved from the benches the other day as a group of 5 lads were hanging about, two on the spotters step, and generally just getting very close. It doesn’t usually bother me either.

Last edited:
It is far too busy but they are allowing people to train together. Like I’ve said before they seem to be telling the 16/17 year olds but then ignoring the 20/30 year olds who are training together. I just think the staff need to do a lot more. I know they aren’t cleaners and people should clean up after themselves but the amount of blue paper towels on the floor is canny bad like. Maybe it’s just me being picky. If you go in at 5-7pm you wouldn’t think there was a pandemic.

I moved from the benches the other day as a group of 5 lads were hanging about, two on the spotters step, and generally just getting very close. It doesn’t usually bother me either.

Ive been going in during the day as I’m working from home. Started to hate going in on a night as it was ridiculous, although parking is now better with B&M closing.
Daft thing is it’s these lads who will kick off of it closes but it’s them causing the issues!

I’m normally in between 5-730 depending on work and while I’ve seen it’s busy I didn’t think it was as bad as that.

Back