Anyone been back to the gym?

Went back to JD yday after a month off. I see they’ve put plastic glass between the running machines.

Loads of groups of lads in though, training close together. Staff standing about. Must admit I’m disappointed with JD, won’t stop me going but someone will complain soon I reckon.
Went yesterday, ridiculous again, was around 5 x young lads no older than 18 using the same squat rack taking turns and pissing about.

Not looking forward to the 4th Jan, usual January crowd plus those who haven’t been for ages.
Went yesterday, ridiculous again, was around 5 x young lads no older than 18 using the same squat rack taking turns and pissing about.
Yeah I saw the same yesterday. Starting to get a tad annoyed about it. Chuck in the fact that they are all pissing about on their mobile phones and using the equipment sparingly (and their form is shite an all). Staff just aren’t doing their job properly.

Last edited:
Not looking forward to the 4th Jan, usual January crowd plus those who haven’t been for ages.

Yeah I saw the same yesterday. Starting to get a tad annoyed about it. Chuck in the fact that they are all pissing about on their mobile phones and using the equipment sparingly (and their form is shite an all). Staff just aren’t doing their job properly.
I wouldn't worry about it mate.... theyll be shut

I have to say that the staff in pure gym are doing a good job in breaking up the group is of young lads who don't observe social distancing
Good to hear. JD are kind of encouraging it.

I see JD are offering new signups for £10 for January (first month then up to £18 after that) Now, I know they mightve lost money in the summer, but surely it’s not a good time to go all out for new members in jan?

Existing members are sick of the groups, the lack of cleaning,how busy it is, this will only make it worse.

Good to hear. JD are kind of encouraging it.

I see JD are offering new signups for £10 for January (first month then up to £18 after that) Now, I know they mightve lost money in the summer, but surely it’s not a good time to go all out for new members in jan?

Existing members are sick of the groups, the lack of cleaning,how busy it is, this will only make it worse.
I posted on here a few months ago that a big fella in the gym was going to lamp a group of four Las as they nearly hit him with a weight while he was training. I quite like the social side of having trading partners but it's just not safe at the moment.

I've had Covid and I know a few other people who say the same as me...we all caught it at the gym.

Does tier 4 mean that we have to train at home again chaps?

bloody Johnny come latelys :)

It is mate, the gyms been open, shut, open and shut in the 4 months since I started. One positive though when it re-opens it won't be rammed with new years resolutionists :lol:
Its just stop start and it frustrates the life out of me. Ive got some equipment but it just isnt the same. Cant get our and run much at the moment either as the paths and roads are icey.

Damn frustrating as progress was being made, but hey-ho back to the dumbells :cool:. Everyone else just going to crack on from home?
Same here
Had a serious injury/opp last Yr and 15 mnth out and massive atrophy on my right side. Started at the gym in August and seen great progress.
When I train well I eat well and sleep better and feel better mentally.
November was OK as knew it was a month, and got a pull up / dip bar, trx and bands, but it's not the same as going to the gym, and I think this tier 4 will be 2 months minimum
I'm quite depressed about it all.

Same here
Had a serious injury/opp last Yr and 15 mnth out and massive atrophy on my right side. Started at the gym in August and seen great progress.
When I train well I eat well and sleep better and feel better mentally.
November was OK as knew it was a month, and got a pull up / dip bar, trx and bands, but it's not the same as going to the gym, and I think this tier 4 will be 2 months minimum
I'm quite depressed about it all.
Fuck sake mate, that's shite. It's a fantastic place to be and you are right the home workouts are not the same. They will re-open again and that's something to look forward too.

Back