Anyone been back to the gym?

Haha if you do and they reply let me know what they say. It’s been a problem since it opened with the clips. I’m sure the young’uns are just nicking them.

I know it’s a budget gym and I love the place but the machines and equipment could really do with being replaced.
Yeah there's a load of machines that are knackered.

I also think for the size of the gym they are missing some key equipment, they dont any of these :-

Cybex incline plate loaded chest press, Fixed Z curl bars, Pendulum squat, Deltoid raise machine, Ski-Ergs, Watt Bikes or Air bikes. There isn't a machine i find particulaly effective for an iso lateral front pulldown either.

If it wasn't so convenient i would probably go elsewhere.

Yeah there's a load of machines that are knackered.

I also think for the size of the gym they are missing some key equipment, they dont any of these :-

Cybex incline plate loaded chest press, Fixed Z curl bars, Pendulum squat, Deltoid raise machine, Ski-Ergs, Watt Bikes or Air bikes. There isn't a machine i find particulaly effective for an iso lateral front pulldown either.

If it wasn't so convenient i would probably go elsewhere.
True, even other JD gyms use fixed z curl bars. I’d like to see a weighted preacher curl machine too, used one in Pure Gym in London and liked them.

I personally don’t think the tricep extension machine and the bicep curl machine are needed, especially the triceps one. It’s crap.

True, even other JD gyms use fixed z curl bars. I’d like to see a weighted preacher curl machine too, used one in Pure Gym in London and liked them.

I personally don’t think the tricep extension machine and the bicep curl machine are needed, especially the triceps one. It’s crap.
Forgot about that one off my list to be honest and completely agree.

The tricep and bicep machine with pins are both absolutely useless. The bicep machine for instance is logisitically all wrong anyway as people have different arm lengths and contraction points, just being able to alter a seat doesn't change that range of motion to the point of it being beneficial, The tricep one is even worse.

Forgot about that one off my list to be honest and completely agree.

The tricep and bicep machine with pins are both absolutely useless. The bicep machine for instance is logisitically all wrong anyway as people have different arm lengths and contraction points, just being able to alter a seat doesn't change that range of motion to the point of it being beneficial, The tricep one is even worse.
I don’t feel any tension in my triceps or biceps using these machines. Take them away. Replace them.

I don’t feel any tension in my triceps or biceps using these machines. Take them away. Replace them.
Dumbbells and the cable machine will always be king when it comes to training bi’s and tri’s, to be fair Stormo. I’m not against machines at all to be clear, I just find that the ones for exclusively isolating arms are usually always a bit crap. (In comparison, your biceps will actually get a decent workout from say, a seated row).

The only bicep machine I’ve ever really liked in all my years of going to gyms is the one they have at Pure Gym at the moment (seated preacher curl machine). And it’s not that I’d even use it primarily as a muscle builder or that it’s even all that effective. I just like to do it at the end of a biceps sessions because I get a crazy pump from it. (Outside of cables which I mentioned) I’ve never actually encountered a decent machine for isolating triceps.

Dumbbells and the cable machine will always be king when it comes to training bi’s and tri’s, to be fair Stormo. I’m not against machines at all to be clear, I just find that the ones for exclusively isolating arms are usually always a bit crap. (In comparison, your biceps will actually get a decent workout from say, a seated row).

The only bicep machine I’ve ever really liked in all my years of going to gyms is the one they have at Pure Gym at the moment (seated preacher curl machine). And it’s not that I’d even use it primarily as a muscle builder or that it’s even all that effective. I just like to do it at the end of a biceps sessions because I get a crazy pump from it. (Outside of cables which I mentioned) I’ve never actually encountered a decent machine for isolating triceps.
Same sentiments regarding the seated preacher curl machine. It’s a good finisher.

Just saw this :lol: we’re likely taking about the same thing.

Went in at 6 last Thursday. Found it alright on what we needed to use but didn’t use any of the weights machines so can’t say how busy they were. The free weights section was fine.
The weights machines are carnage, groups of teens training (posing) together. It's obviously the only social meeting place and is now the defacto pub. Cardio machines are fine though

The weights machines are carnage, groups of teens training (posing) together. It's obviously the only social meeting place and is now the defacto pub. Cardio machines are fine though
If that’s JD as Washy they will get shut down shortly. Staff hanging around the entrance doing nowt by any chance?

If that’s JD as Washy they will get shut down shortly. Staff hanging around the entrance doing nowt by any chance?
Some scruffy fucker in yesterday lunch time in full work gear, rigger boots the works. Didn't bother whiping his machines down either.

Aye JD Washington, staff hanging around the lasses like dogs on heat, so at least attending to some customers

Went back to JD yday after a month off. I see they’ve put plastic glass between the running machines.

Loads of groups of lads in though, training close together. Staff standing about. Must admit I’m disappointed with JD, won’t stop me going but someone will complain soon I reckon.

Back