Anyone been back to the gym?

How many times are you allowed to use the gym at JD at Washy in a day? I go in the morning to do weights, but I want to start doing cardio on an evening. Can you use it more then once with your membership?

How many times are you allowed to use the gym at JD at Washy in a day? I go in the morning to do weights, but I want to start doing cardio on an evening. Can you use it more then once with your membership?
You can go in as often as you like but you can only use your entry pin once a day - it stops people sharing their entry pin with their mates.

Don't see why not, it might not let you in at first (its happened to me before) but just speak to someone working there and explain you go twice.

Aye, spoke to the lad. It’s just to stop people from giving their mates the pin. Don’t know why they don’t just have photo cards instead?

Fair one, good gym for facilities though. Never have a problem getting on what I want.
Agree with that, facilities are spot on (Although sometimes some machines are out of order), it's more the constant demand and request for new members despite it already being a very popular gym. Also the staff seem to just stand round doing nowt for hours on end. They should also be going round bollocking people for not putting weights back, the ammount of times theres 6 x 25KG plates on each side, left on the leg press, is riduclous. Sometimes the lasses can't even take the weights off to use it.

Agree with that, facilities are spot on (Although sometimes some machines are out of order), it's more the constant demand and request for new members despite it already being a very popular gym. Also the staff seem to just stand round doing nowt for hours on end. They should also be going round bollocking people for not putting weights back, the ammount of times theres 6 x 25KG plates on each side, left on the leg press, is riduclous. Sometimes the lasses can't even take the weights off to use it.

Aye, I noticed today there was a lot of loaded bars left, especially around the deadlift platforms. Winds me up, just good Gym etiquette to put the weights back and wipe the bars down after yourself.

Completely agree. It’s the time it takes to take them off, especially for some young lass who struggles. There are some ignorant people use that gym.
update. In the gym last night, blue paper towel all over the floor, followed at least two into the weights machines who never cleaned it, free weights aren’t being wiped down, staff still chatting at the vending machines.
It’s getting worse.

Last edited:
Today was my grand return.

Bench press down 20% since March!!!!

Deadlift decreased by 25%!!!!!

I could pretend that they were prolonged warm ups in order to prevent injury.

🏋️‍♂️

My bench was about 45% down. Or at least what I felt comfortable with first session back was.

It comes back rapidly though. My bench can suffer if I drop to two bench sessions a week from 3 or 4 though so I had to expect this.

Today was my grand return.

Bench press down 20% since March!!!!

Deadlift decreased by 25%!!!!!

I could pretend that they were prolonged warm ups in order to prevent injury.

🏋️‍♂️
Dont worry. Muscle memory should see you right before long. Plan on heading back myself next week just want it to quieten down a little first. Dreading the first few sessions because they will be shit but eager to get the headphones on and weights lifted.

Nice one lads, thanks for the replies.

I have been running 3-4 times per week since March but it was a bit concerning to see how wimpy I’ve become.

The lesson learned for the next pandemic is to not give away your weights to your neighbour and to continue with strength exercises.
Dont worry. Muscle memory should see you right before long. Plan on heading back myself next week just want it to quieten down a little first. Dreading the first few sessions because they will be shit but eager to get the headphones on and weights lifted.
There were some reet thickos in the gym that I attended today.

Last edited:
Cancelled my direct debit at pure gym before lockdown, they've just taken 14 quid or summat out my bank this month and I'm a member again, not sure what's happened there?

Back since the PureGym I go to reopened. I go before starting work so the same as before with the same faces and its never as busy. Saturday mornings are spot on too.

Glad to be back again but a couple of thick arseholes not wiping down before and after. Think that's going to be an issue everywhere. Disappointed the PTs haven't pulled anyone up on it when they're quicker chasing the fit lasses in it.

Back