Anyone been back to the gym?

Gym still open in tier 3 and it was alot busier today that it has been since lockdown ended.

Don't wanna know how bad it'll be when students come back

Full body for me...wanted to destroy every bit of my body ahead of what will be a rest month.

I'm hobbling around today :lol:
:lol:

I did the same before the last lockdown, kind of working on the basis that if I went as hard as possible it’d take about a week to recover anyway and it’d at least ‘minimise the damage’ during the 4 week lockdown to a small degree. Whereas this time I have no idea how long we’re going to be stuck in tier 4 purgatory.

I've still got my garage set up from the first lockdown. Incline Bench, bar, ez bar, dumbbells, pull up bar.
I need to clear some of the Xmas shite out of it first but will be good to go.
I trained in the garage every other day doing push pull legs.
Didn't bother as much during the November lockdown as we had a gym reopening date.

Will miss me swimming not sure I could hack open water anyone do it recommend it any clubs out there ?
What suit do u need ect.

I've still got my garage set up from the first lockdown. Incline Bench, bar, ez bar, dumbbells, pull up bar.
I need to clear some of the Xmas shite out of it first but will be good to go.
I trained in the garage every other day doing push pull legs.
Didn't bother as much during the November lockdown as we had a gym reopening date.
Sounds like you’ve got everything you need.

Will miss me swimming not sure I could hack open water anyone do it recommend it any clubs out there ?
What suit do u need ect.
Look up the triathlon lot. I know they usually swim between the piers down Roker. Sun City Tri.

Obviously they mightn’t be doing club meets due to the present circumstances but I’m sure there’ll be members who will be still doing it of their own volition and who can give you further information.
Oh well I shall go back to running again 🏃‍♂️👟
I’m sorry it’s came to this.
:(:(:(

Last edited:
How’s the gym goers getting on at home? I’m finding I’m doing ok with arms, bit shoulders, but chest is suffering. Just haven’t got weights that are heavy enough.

Motivation is low which makes my diet poor. Proper missing the gym. Starting afresh tomorrow.

How’s the gym goers getting on at home? I’m finding I’m doing ok with arms, bit shoulders, but chest is suffering. Just haven’t got weights that are heavy enough.

Motivation is low which makes my diet poor. Proper missing the gym. Starting afresh tomorrow.
Every other day in the garage
Motivation is hard but once i'm in there with my music on i enjoy it.

How’s the gym goers getting on at home? I’m finding I’m doing ok with

Ticking over with some resistance bands 3-4 times a week More than do the job tbh.

Not too bad, bought some 30kgs dumbells and already had some 15s and a barbell. Managing to shoulder press the 30s now quite comfortably for 3 or 4 sets and probably wouldn't have got them up as easy had i had the option in the gym of 26s and 28s. Maybe thats a positive that i'm just having to force more weight up as there's no other option.

Could do with heavier dumbells for incline and flat bench press but it will keep me ticking over for now and hopefully getting back to pre-lockdown won't be too difficult.

I've got enough equipment to at least work through a maintenance phase but i'm also incorporating running quite a bit more now so it's more likely a cut, despite not tracking food or anything.

Generally it's looking like this :-

Monday - Push and Arms
Tuesday - 10KM
Wednesday - Pull and Core
Thursday - 5KM
Friday - Legs and Arms
Saturday - Crossfit Style Training
Sunday - Longer run, up to 13M.

Not too bad, bought some 30kgs dumbells and already had some 15s and a barbell. Managing to shoulder press the 30s now quite comfortably for 3 or 4 sets and probably wouldn't have got them up as easy had i had the option in the gym of 26s and 28s. Maybe thats a positive that i'm just having to force more weight up as there's no other option.

Could do with heavier dumbells for incline and flat bench press but it will keep me ticking over for now and hopefully getting back to pre-lockdown won't be too difficult.

I've got enough equipment to at least work through a maintenance phase but i'm also incorporating running quite a bit more now so it's more likely a cut, despite not tracking food or anything.

Generally it's looking like this :-

Monday - Push and Arms
Tuesday - 10KM
Wednesday - Pull and Core
Thursday - 5KM
Friday - Legs and Arms
Saturday - Crossfit Style Training
Sunday - Longer run, up to 13M.
What does this involve when doing it from home? Would love to throw some of it in to mix up the mundane weights in the garage routine

What does this involve when doing it from home? Would love to throw some of it in to mix up the mundane weights in the garage routine

Pick anything from here mate which includes the equipment you have access to.

Personal favourite is one called 'The Chief is Dead' - using a weighted barbell and bodyweight, you could use dumbells too i guess.

As many sets as possible in 4 minutes in this order :-

3 power cleans
6 push ups
9 air squats
12 deadlifts
repeat above

Work until 4 minutes is up, rest one minute, go again, 5 x rounds - 24 minutes in total including rests.

Back