Anyone actually believe this

From Charlie Wyke

"Of course we're behind Phil. All we want to do is play well and get the results. It's not happening for us at the minute, but we've just got to work hard and try and put things right"

From Charlie Wyke

"Of course we're behind Phil. All we want to do is play well and get the results. It's not happening for us at the minute, but we've just got to work hard and try and put things right"

Zzzzz heard it all before from other players defending other managers, say something real for once instead of football speak.

Despite the complete shambles that we've descended into I still (maybe naively) believe there will be a group of professional players at the club who despite not wholeheartedly embracing the appointment of Parkinson, are prepared to graft for whoever is in charge.

I suspect Wyke will be among that number.

There does, however, appear to be a sizeable clique who have just downed tools completely which is - no matter who the manger is - completely unacceptable.

Despite the complete shambles that we've descended into I still (maybe naively) believe there will be a group of professional players at the club who despite not wholeheartedly embracing the appointment of Parkinson, are prepared to graft for whoever is in charge.

There does, however, appear to be a sizeable clique who have just downed tools completely which is - no matter who the manger is - completely unacceptable.
aye you're probably right....but they are still shit

Me too. A mix of very poor players, talented ish and a poor manager. They've all combined to suck the life out of the place.

Zzzzz heard it all before from other players defending other managers, say something real for once instead of football speak.
Honestly, what would you expect?

A player to say: "to be honest, we thought he was a crap appointment to start with, and we've been proven right. His tactics and man management are rank awful. We have agreed to collectively down tools until he is sacked. I'm sure the fans and Parkinson will fully understand, and I wont be booed, dropped or disciplined for these comments. And FTM for good measure"

Me too. A mix of very poor players, talented ish and a poor manager. They've all combined to suck the life out of the place.

aye you're probably right....but they are still shit

I know people are prone to exaggeration but I honestly don't think I've seen a poorer Sunderland side in over 50 years. Mick Buxton's side were poor and under Butcher we laboured and very nearly went down but the football since the Tranmere game is just soul destroying.

Back