Anybody still paying for things they can't use/access?

same here for our condiminium charge on our place in portugal. supposed to be going out for easter :mad:
Love Portugal.

We've just rearranged our holiday for late May/June to June next year - villa owner has been really good about it. Agreed to use the deposit we'd already paid for this year to reserve next year.

No idea what's happening with the flights though - can't get through to Easyjet for love nor money.

Where's your place, if you don 't mind me asking?

Mortgage for house in barrow where I work.
Also council tax, TV licence, broadband, water round about £700 a month. Haven't been there for 3 weeks

Love Portugal.

We've just rearranged our holiday for late May/June to June next year - villa owner has been really good about it. Agreed to use the deposit we'd already paid for this year to reserve next year.

No idea what's happening with the flights though - can't get through to Easyjet for love nor money.

Where's your place, if you don 't mind me asking?
it's at a little place called carvoeiro in the algarve. well it's a couple of miles outside really.
god i wish i was there now.
as for easyjet we've got 3 lots of flights booked with them, the first being easter and we also can't get in touch with them. i can understand them being busy and short staffed but even still it's a bit of a farce.

You pay annually? They just suspended my monthly direct debit when this all happened
Odeon?
Yeah, it was through an offer: I had to buy a voucher for the years pass but only paid £150 ish for it. I can't remember exactly but it worked out at around £50 cheaper than through the Odeon website.

National Trust. They are militant fuckers so unlikely to suspend payments despite it being unlikely they will open anytime this summer

Edit. They are refunding DDs while sites are closed. Still militant fuckers though 😜

Last edited:
it's at a little place called carvoeiro in the algarve. well it's a couple of miles outside really.
god i wish i was there now.
as for easyjet we've got 3 lots of flights booked with them, the first being easter and we also can't get in touch with them. i can understand them being busy and short staffed but even still it's a bit of a farce.
Carvoeiro's lovely - we've stayed there three times. Not jealous much.

There and Alvor are our two favourite places - the villa we're going to (next year now) is in Alvor.

Are you very far out? We stayed in the Monte Dourado complex once and twice in a newer complex called Colina Verde (overlooks Monte Dourado's reception block) - both are very central. No more than 5 minutes walk to the central square next to the beach.

Easyjet are a joke at the minute - the Customer Service number just gives a recorded message telling you to ring back later then cuts you off. No help whatsoever. Thinking we're just going to wait for the email/letter cancelling our flights then taking it from there. Apparently they're now offering credit notes/vouchers valid for 12 months from the date of issue which means we should be able to use them to book flights for next year as hopefully next year's Summer schedule will be out sometime in that 12 month validity period.

So what happens if you become ill or have an accident during your round, would you expect an ambulance from an already stretched emergency service to attend?
Who me? I was speaking generally.

What about those on their daily exercise?

They are acting within the law, playing a round of golf isn't.
Some sort of arsehole you like. Who was suggesting ‘breaking the law’? If you read the thread, I suggested that golf would possibly be one of the first things that benefits from a relaxation of the rules (such as Denmark) rather than people going out and doing what they like.

If you are going to pontificate, do so with a bit of research.

Some sort of arsehole you like. Who was suggesting ‘breaking the law’? If you read the thread, I suggested that golf would possibly be one of the first things that benefits from a relaxation of the rules (such as Denmark) rather than people going out and doing what they like.

If you are going to pontificate, do so with a bit of research.
I was actually talking about a post prior to yours where the poster said " can't see why we can't play golf like, 10 people in 15 kilometer space ( something like that anyway).

Carvoeiro's lovely - we've stayed there three times. Not jealous much.

There and Alvor are our two favourite places - the villa we're going to (next year now) is in Alvor.

Are you very far out? We stayed in the Monte Dourado complex once and twice in a newer complex called Colina Verde (overlooks Monte Dourado's reception block) - both are very central. No more than 5 minutes walk to the central square next to the beach.

Easyjet are a joke at the minute - the Customer Service number just gives a recorded message telling you to ring back later then cuts you off. No help whatsoever. Thinking we're just going to wait for the email/letter cancelling our flights then taking it from there. Apparently they're now offering credit notes/vouchers valid for 12 months from the date of issue which means we should be able to use them to book flights for next year as hopefully next year's Summer schedule will be out sometime in that 12 month validity period.

our place is on a small complex called quinta do rosal, it's a lovely quiet place. we bought a bit out as for our budget we got a lot more than we would've got more central and we wanted a place we could go to for a few months at a time, not just an apartment.
we've been going to carvoeiro for nigh on 20 years now. it's like a home from home. the beach and the boardwalk are shut down now with the virus.
alvor is nice, last time we went there we called in at a great place for a meal nearby called solar do farelo ran my a bit of an eccentric man called fernando. probably the best meal we've had over there and a cracking selection of port :)

Back