Anybody still paying for things they can't use/access?

Your either deliberately completely missing the point, or, if not, I can't help you. 🙄

The poster made a very sensible point around why golf isn't currently allowed but why it may be one of the first activities reintroduced. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Your 'what if you need an ambulance' question seems somewhat disconnected to his post. Is there any more of a risk of needing an ambulance golding than, say, doing DYI in your house?

The poster made a very sensible point around why golf isn't currently allowed but why it may be one of the first activities reintroduced. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Your 'what if you need an ambulance' question seems somewhat disconnected to his post. Is there any more of a risk of needing an ambulance golding than, say, doing DYI in your house?
I am a keen golfer but can fully understand why they had to close the courses. First of all they needed to ensure the staff that work there are protected.
Secondly, how could they control how many were turning up to play when . E.g. You could have 24 people turning up between 10 & 10:30 to play. There would be no way of distancing them property

our place is on a small complex called quinta do rosal, it's a lovely quiet place. we bought a bit out as for our budget we got a lot more than we would've got more central and we wanted a place we could go to for a few months at a time, not just an apartment.
we've been going to carvoeiro for nigh on 20 years now. it's like a home from home. the beach and the boardwalk are shut down now with the virus.
alvor is nice, last time we went there we called in at a great place for a meal nearby called solar do farelo ran my a bit of an eccentric man called fernando. probably the best meal we've had over there and a cracking selection of port :)
Just had a quick neb on Google Maps - looks lovely. Not jealous one little bit :lol:

Might try and organise a trip to the restaurant you recommended when we eventually get back over there.🤞

The post I was referring to is #10, rightly or wrong ly I am taking that post as asking why people can't play golf whilst lockdown is in force.

Sky sports.

Been on hold for ages 3 times and given up each time.
You can pause it on the app. Stops the payment and you still get the channels then when this is all over they will reinstate or you can ring to cancel as it will be (or should be) a bit quieter than now

Until they ever process my fecking refund (been getting passed around departments for a good 2+ weeks now) - my train season ticket. I shall be claiming this back as there's no goodwill and warm fluffy feelings between me and East Midlands Railway

Social gathering aspect I expect. People hanging round the first tee and so forth.

I would have thought it would be one of the first things allowed back after lockdown mind, albeit with restrictions.

We are paying the childminder full whack this month then 80% because she’s self employed I am not too happy about it but once things go back to normal we will need her as we both work. The worst of it is that I’m not thrilled the little one goes to this child minder as I’m not sure she’s happy.

I haven't been back to Barrow for about a month now, as I've said still paying for everything all utilities council tax ect ect.
So I'm starting to think should I go over check everything empty the fridge stay one night then come home next day.
It doesn't look like I'm going back to work for at least another 3 weeks.
Can I ask for your thoughts on this
Am I allowed to travel?

Back