Anybody still not had Covid

Started to feel a bit off last weekend and been coughing but only had negative test results so I've escaped it so far (as far as I'm aware)

Not had it, my ex (no), has, but me, the Mrs (no) and the kids haven't even though we've been in and out of each others houses and thought if one of us gets it, we're all going down (no).

Neither me or our lass has had it, and only 2 of the 4 kids have had it and we all isolated together. The kids are only young as well so not like they were hiding away in their rooms on their own.

I havent, although not sure how. 2 close friends I was with in October 2020 caught it, I was with them most the day on the Friday in a car - Saturday they were both ill,. tested positive. Me felt fine, tested to be safe a couple of days after, negative.
Week before Xmas this year, took my step daughter shopping 3 times on the Sunday/Monday and Tuesday, she felt like shit on the Tuesday night, booked a PCR for the weds, positive. I did one next day negative.
Had my Granddaughter and step granddaughter here last weekend, both slept, was in the car with them both on the Friday night for about 2 hours, went out Saturday for a walk along the cost, so more closeness in the car, had dinner and tea together, watched a film together on the settee on the Sat evening. Monday they both tested positive, me negative on both a PCR and a few home tests.
I did feel like I was dying between over Xmas and New Year though, with extremely similar symptoms, but 2 PCR and 6 LTF all came back negative. Still suffering from that now, chest pains, short of breath, no appetite, extremely tired at times, so either it was something similar or 8 tests were wrong. Getting extremely pissed off not being able to do anything mind :( can see how people can slip into depression quite easily from stuff like this.

Last edited:
Bairn has tested positive this morning, I have tested negative. He proper freaked out and cried saying he could kill me and god knows what, I feel canny upset and a bit shaken 😪

I am pretty sure I haven't had it and am not aware of anyone I work with or live nearby who has (Shanghai). Family in the UK quite a few have had it with two nephews both testing positive last week and a third a week or two earlier.

Nope, but I'm not interesting enough to catch it :lol: Only me and the other half at home, she works from home and I only work with 1 other bloke. I'm vaxxed up to the eyeballs as I'm classed as vulnerable so hopefully I can continue to body swerve it

Bairn has tested positive this morning, I have tested negative. He proper freaked out and cried saying he could kill me and god knows what, I feel canny upset and a bit shaken 😪
My son had it in November and neither I nor my wife got ill. My wife is immuno compromised due to medication too. We were a bit careful with contact but not obsessive.
Hope you’re okay.

Last edited:

You'll be fine. It's most likely to be omicron and you'll be triple jabbed. Stats say you will be safe. Appreciate what you're feeling though as I have quite bad health anxiety and had a proper bad meltdown yesterday. Mrs had to ring doctors and ask for an emergency prescription for Propranolol for me. Take care.

I haven’t - yet. My son’s ex took their son for baby sitting when infected, she also had it. Result my son caught it but was mild, that was four weeks ago. Son’s ex partner again took the child to him this week, again she and son positive, my son has it again and qite ill this time. Arses will be kicked when i see her, numbskull knew both times. Son triple jabbed.

Horrible. Must be so hard for the bairns not really understanding whats going on.

My oldest has been saying recently "i wish this had never happened its ruining everything" bless her

Horrible. Must be so hard for the bairns not really understanding whats going on.

My oldest has been saying recently "i wish this had never happened its ruining everything" bless her
It's f***ing horrible, I feel awful for him. He was with his dad over the weekend and his dad took the day off yesterday as he wasnt feeling too well. If dad also tests positive today the bairn will go and stay with him (as I'm high risk and currently negative).
It makes sense, if they're both positive they can both be next to each other and comfort each other etc.
It's been horrific for the kids and their learning / lives, I feel so sorry for them all 😪
It's f***ing horrible, I feel awful for him. He was with his dad over the weekend and his dad took the day off yesterday as he wasnt feeling too well. If dad also tests positive today the bairn will go and stay with him (as I'm high risk and currently negative).
It makes sense, if they're both positive they can both be next to each other and comfort each other etc.
It's been horrific for the kids and their learning / lives, I feel so sorry for them all 😪
His dad tested negative so he's staying here with me and hopefully I can stay negative 🤞

Last edited:

Back