Any vids of Majas hatrick ?

2 goals in 13 appearances before last night where he bagged 3 against the 2nd bottom team in the league to take him to 5 in 14. He’s hardly setting Ligue 1 alight is he?

Couldn’t give a flying fuck how he’s getting on to be honest, move on, he’s gone!
All that research into his goals per game ration and you couldn't give a fuck?

All that research into his goals per game ration and you couldn't give a fuck?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it.

1 goal in 17 the season before in the championship. Injured shortly after leaving us and missing the rest of the season.

We offered him what he wanted. He/his agent chose to leave. Good luck to the kid but in reality League 1 was his level (as in he didn't do it in the league above).

Hope we have a sell on clause because I can see maja making a big money move in the near future if he stays for
I know he was scouted recently by a club

1 goal in 17 the season before in the championship. Injured shortly after leaving us and missing the rest of the season.

We offered him what he wanted. He/his agent chose to leave. Good luck to the kid but in reality League 1 was his level (as in he didn't do it in the league above).
As a teenager!

Bloody hell do you not understand players get better but if he has the gift for one of the most crucial facets of the game - goalscoring - I suspect you will be very wrong in your statement.

Ian Wright did not come good until he was 23, knackers like you wrote him off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just following his progress though he was a brilliant young player nothing against him for leaving at all was a great decisions became a millionaire over night and will soon be one of the hottest prospects in Europe
But what's the incentive in that when he could have been on this sinking ship... Greedy bastard on £900 a week iirc thinking he's worth more!!!!

In all seriousness, I reckon he'd have brought out the best in grigg playing alongside him - playing grigg up front alone is as effective as trying to patch the titanic's Hull up with a bath plug
I know he was scouted recently by a club

As a teenager!

Bloody hell do you not understand players get better but if he has the gift for one of the most crucial facets of the game - goalscoring - I suspect you will be very wrong in your statement.

Ian Wright did not come good until he was 23, knackers like you wrote him off.
But Rooney did it at 17 so all 17 year old should be able to is backwards logic...

Phillips never become prolific until 24

Last edited:
Read the rest of the thread numpty
That’s hurtful

I agree, I didn’t think he was all that when he played for us. Just shows what he can do with half decent players around him

Last edited:
But what's the incentive in that when he could have been on this sinking ship... Greedy bastard on £900 a week iirc thinking he's worth more!!!!

In all seriousness, I reckon he'd have brought out the best in grigg playing alongside him - playing grigg up front alone is as effective as trying to patch the titanic's Hull up with a bath plug

But Rooney did it at 17 so all 17 year old should be able to is backwards logic...

Phillips never become prolific until 24
Grigg played upfront on his own most of the time for Wigan

At the time Maja's agent had 2 options, first was to agree a new deal with Sunderland and the 2nd was to find a foreign club.
Unless we paid silly money to Maja, and look where this got us in the past, the most lucrative option for both player and agent was Bordeaux.
Success at this level of football for a year or 18 months and a nice deal back to the premiership to someone like Palace.
The new owners were on a loser, the problem lies with the previous owners who failed to secure their asset when they could.
I tend to agree.

Pleased for the lad. He’s moved to an arguably better country, and he’ll be on a lot more money. Don’t know how anyone can be angry about it :rolleyes:

certainly more thought through than Asoro.....who moved to wales to sit in Swansea’s U23’s

This board is like an obsessive ex when it comes to Maja
Not really, if the opportunity was there to watch the goals I’d watch them. Thanks to @Whitburnmakem for asking and taking the abuse from the likes of you. Sometimes people just want to see the goals with no other agenda or comments needed.

Watched from when he was in the youths, when everybody on here was on about asoro I was saying Maja was the one to watch. Fantastic first touch, two good feet, good close control, a brilliant finisher and still only 20. What a f***ing crying shame we let this lad go.

Back