Any Sparks fans?

Edgar Wright has made a documentary on the Mael brothers. Sparks were the first band I ever saw as a young teen. Nice to see someone recognize how influential they have been.

I was just singing Never turn your back on mother earth to myself yesterday too. 😁

Apologies if seb, I hadn't seen anything mentioned. No apologies if no one gives a fcuk either. 😄
Saw the ad for this a few days ago. Should be interesting.

That FFS 'supergroup' stuff they did with Franz Ferdinand was weird. Canny, but weird.
Flew to and from Australia listening to it as it was the only thing I liked on the airlines musical menu. Though I can’t stand FF. Few good fillums anarl though.

Love them! Bumped into Ron in a supermarket in LA a couple years back. Genuinely lovely fella. Got a photo aswell

Last edited:
I can remember seeing them singing "this town ain't big enough for the both of us", the dude with the Hitler tasche creeped me out tbh.
Perhaps a bit too zany for my liking but I did see the trailer for the documentary and thought it looked interesting.

Last edited:
Anyone seen the new film?
The documentary? Aye…went to Durham last Thursday and dragged the Mrs and kids along.

I didn’t know a huge amount about them, and the rest knew ferk all but we all thoroughly enjoyed it! Well made and kept even the non fans interested.

Since seeing it, you can hear them or their influence in almost everything I’ve listened to.

Back