Any Sparks fans?

In late 1974 I saw one of them (the younger looking one) jump out of a taxi in Derwent Street and take a picture of the outside facade of an Indian Restaurant that was there at the time.

I thought maybe I had dreamt this so before posting I checked online and apparently they had a liking for Indian cuisine so I'm claiming it as a fact.

On a tour a few years ago, they went on tour as a three-piece with Tammy Glover on Drums.

Tammy Glover is pretty accomplished, because as well as being a drummer for Sparks, she was also a VP at Comedy Central and then at Freemantle Media.

Tammy Glover - Wikipedia

Edgar Wright has made a documentary on the Mael brothers. Sparks were the first band I ever saw as a young teen. Nice to see someone recognize how influential they have been.

I was just singing Never turn your back on mother earth to myself yesterday too. 😁

Apologies if seb, I hadn't seen anything mentioned. No apologies if no one gives a fcuk either. 😄
Thanks.

I will watch this later.
Dinky Diamond on drums :cool:
A cracking drummer, who sadly is no longer with us.

Yes, I saw them at the Boiler Shop a couple of years ago. It was a great show and a lot of fun.

Even better, I interviewed them both ahead of the tour and they were great. Here`s a link to the newspaper edit of the interview if you want to check it out: Music: Pop duo Sparks are back after 8 years, Mick Burgess caught up with the brothers The actual interview was a fair bit longer but it had to be cut down to 1000-1250 words.

Yes, I saw them at the Boiler Shop a couple of years ago. It was a great show and a lot of fun.

Even better, I interviewed them both ahead of the tour and they were great. Here`s a link to the newspaper edit of the interview if you want to check it out: Music: Pop duo Sparks are back after 8 years, Mick Burgess caught up with the brothers The actual interview was a fair bit longer but it had to be cut down to 1000-1250 words.
I enjoyed reading that.
Still got me 'This toon ain't big enough for both of us' badge.
Nobody told me there was a badge! 😲

Edgar Wright has made a documentary on the Mael brothers. Sparks were the first band I ever saw as a young teen. Nice to see someone recognize how influential they have been.

I was just singing Never turn your back on mother earth to myself yesterday too. 😁

Apologies if seb, I hadn't seen anything mentioned. No apologies if no one gives a fcuk either. 😄
Don't mention it

I enjoyed reading that.

Nobody told me there was a badge! 😲
Thank you :D. They were great fun to talk to too. Russell was the most talkative and Ron laid back with quite a dry sense of humour. They worked so well together. I remember seeing them on TOTP years ago and thought they were a bit of novelty act until years later I listened to them properly. What a totaly unique and inspiring band they are.

Back