Any Sparks fans?

The documentary? Aye…went to Durham last Thursday and dragged the Mrs and kids along.

I didn’t know a huge amount about them, and the rest knew ferk all but we all thoroughly enjoyed it! Well made and kept even the non fans interested.

Since seeing it, you can hear them or their influence in almost everything I’ve listened to.

I agree, I am a fan. Kind of agree with Mark Kermode when he watched the documentary that it is hard to believe a band a prolific as that aren’t more popular and commercially successful. Part of the charm I guess.

They're doing a long interview on Radio 5 now

John Lennon called McCartney and said Marc Bolan was on tv with Hitler on the piano
I agree, I am a fan. Kind of agree with Mark Kermode when he watched the documentary that it is hard to believe a band a prolific as that aren’t more popular and commercially successful. Part of the charm I guess.
I loathe Kermode.

Just found this thread on a Google search, looking for Sparks fans . . . I am doing a proper old school Sparks fanzine in 2023 (called The Tacky Tiger) and am looking for people to send me their top ten Sparks songs, in order of preference. Please pm them to me!
All entries gratefully received!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this thread on a Google search, looking for Sparks fans . . . I am doing a proper old school Sparks fanzine in 2023 (called The Tacky Tiger) and am looking for people to send me their top ten Sparks songs, in order of preference. Please pm them to me!

Will do this tonight

Difficult but I'll give it a go later.
Can I include a Ffs track?

PM me your 10!
Here's mine. Quite difficult I found - so mainly down to the songs I still hum or sing (to myself...number 3 far too often!) 😁
1 This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us
2 Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth
3 Falling in Love With Myself Again
4 Amateur Hour
5 Edith Piaf (Said it Better Than Me)
6 Thank God It's Not Christmas
7 Johnny Delusional *
8 Angst In My Pants
9 My Baby's Taking Me Home
10 Dick Around

*If excluding FFS then Reinforcements.

Here's mine. Quite difficult I found - so mainly down to the songs I still hum or sing (to myself...number 3 far too often!) 😁
1 This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us
2 Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth
3 Falling in Love With Myself Again
4 Amateur Hour
5 Edith Piaf (Said it Better Than Me)
6 Thank God It's Not Christmas
7 Johnny Delusional *
8 Angst In My Pants
9 My Baby's Taking Me Home
10 Dick Around

*If excluding FFS then Reinforcements.

Excellent choices