Any scores from yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littletown 2s got off to good start at burnhope. Bowled them out for 145 and knocked them off with 2 wickets to spare. 1sts game was rescheduled so no game for them yesterday.

can't really put this in the "local cricket" as it's across the water but our (Wexford) second team kicked off their season against Bagenalstown.
We batted first and were A/O for 194 in the 40th over.
Bowled them out for 31 in the 18th over.
Winning points plus full bonus points, good start to my first season as captain!

Played a friendly against local neighbours Waterford today and bowled them out for 54 in about 22 overs.
Knocked them off for the loss of 2 wickets in the 12th over.

All in all a very good start to the season.

can't really put this in the "local cricket" as it's across the water but our (Wexford) second team kicked off their season against Bagenalstown.
We batted first and were A/O for 194 in the 40th over.
Bowled them out for 31 in the 18th over.
Winning points plus full bonus points, good start to my first season as captain!

Played a friendly against local neighbours Waterford today and bowled them out for 54 in about 22 overs.
Knocked them off for the loss of 2 wickets in the 12th over.

All in all a very good start to the season.

Good work. It's more local than the Canadian cricket league ;). Keep the updates coming marra.

Good work. It's more local than the Canadian cricket league ;). Keep the updates coming marra.
hahahaha true marra.... first team is away at bagenalstown next saturday with seconds away at castleknock on sunday

No report on the friendly at Brandon.

To be honest I was quite shocked, thought it would have been closer!

I wasn't there mate. By all accounts they were largely disappointed by their performance but you probably know more than me about it to be fair :oops:

What are you lads like? Have you got aspirations of a league title? Or are you mid-table ish?
The Leinster Cricket Union have us (seconds) as favourites for Division 11 and our firsts should be challenging for the title in Division 7
There's 9 teams in each league.

Seriously thought Brandon would have done a lot better. Esh ran Chester close last season and Brandon have really strengthened.
When was the Hylton game played and how come Chester le Street lost?

When was the Hylton game played and how come Chester le Street lost?

I watched the Hylton Chester game and Chester only had a couple of 1st teamers that I could recognise, Liam Simpson and John Coxon being the obvious ones. The rest of the side seemed to be a mixture of young and old players. Tony Birbeck kept wicket and a few of the youngsters bowled so I wouldn't read anything into the result as far as Chesters chance of success in the NEPL goes this season.

The game was played on Sunday at Hylton on a ground that looked really well.

I watched the Hylton Chester game and Chester only had a couple of 1st teamers that I could recognise, Liam Simpson and John Coxon being the obvious ones. The rest of the side seemed to be a mixture of young and old players. Tony Birbeck kept wicket and a few of the youngsters bowled so I wouldn't read anything into the result as far as Chesters chance of success in the NEPL goes this season.

The game was played on Sunday at Hylton on a ground that looked really well.
Ah right. Thanks for that. Puts a bit of perspective on the events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back