Any roofers on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
give me a price to felt a 3x5m end garage roof, wood already replaced, just felt straight onto new boards?

Stay well clear of that Irish fecker who goes around - Swish I think his name is.
He made a right old mess of the roof for the lad over the road to me.
A right cowboy.

It's an external garage in a block on a rental property, if it was my own kip I'd consider it, and all others have the felt on.

As an Architect I'd never advise anyone to do a felt roof, roofers will try and get you to go the felt option as it'll mean they'll get the repeat business when it fails in a few years time. Wouldn't touch the rubber option with a barge pole, seen plenty of disasters that needed rectifying. GRP can be used alongside felt as long as they use the correct trims and flashings.

The costs of the materials are more (nominal on a project of this size) but it will last a longer than you. There's plenty of roofers that will do you a GRP roof if you insist on it but make sure the spec is for two layers of CSM.

They build boats with GRP for a reason.

As an Architect I'd never advise anyone to do a felt roof, roofers will try and get you to go the felt option as it'll mean they'll get the repeat business when it fails in a few years time. Wouldn't touch the rubber option with a barge pole, seen plenty of disasters that needed rectifying. GRP can be used alongside felt as long as they use the correct trims and flashings.

The costs of the materials are more (nominal on a project of this size) but it will last a longer than you. There's plenty of roofers that will do you a GRP roof if you insist on it but make sure the spec is for two layers of CSM.

They build boats with GRP for a reason.

Felt is shite.
Rubber aint great.
Is your recommendation therefore GRP?

I would use sheeting such as this.

https://roofingsheetsbyrhino.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back