Any overweight lads wanting to play footy and lose weight and get fit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6694
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6694

Is anyone interested in losing a bit weight playing footy over at the Beacon Of Light on a Wednesday 8pm? It's inside on the 4G pitch upstairs and we play 8 to 10 aside depending on the numbers that week.

It's £5 and you get weighed in before the game. You can get free weeks by losing the most weight % that week. You can also get free games for a hattrick 3 weeks in a row of weight losses. There's also a league table that is 8 games long and again you get free games for various weight loss things if you're near the top at the end of the 8 week run. This table is based on your individual game score as you get bonus goals/points for losing weight added to the final score that week so you can often turn a loss into a win. You can also concede goals if you gain weight so can turn a win into a loss! :lol:

It sounds complicated I know but it's not really as the basics of it are, if you lose weight regularly you get a free game now and then and get more goals and points ;)

It's similar to the Man v Fat thing as a few lads are from there originally but it's cheaper, at least twice as long a game on a much bigger pitch and you've got a bit more incentive if you want to get a free game out of it now and then. No moany whinging bitches though as we've got enough of that already, haha!

If interested then just send me a PM ;)

How much do I have to weigh?

Currently I'm 5'11" and 175lbs

I realise thats not terribly overweight but I just want to play on the big pitch :lol:
Haha that's about 80kg and lighter than the majority who are anywhere from 90-130kg (14-20st) :lol: Not all lads who play are fat fucker flab fighters like me as some just come to play ;) So if you fancy a game you're welcome as we're sometimes short on numbers though.

Is anyone interested in losing a bit weight playing footy over at the Beacon Of Light on a Wednesday 8pm? It's inside on the 4G pitch upstairs and we play 8 to 10 aside depending on the numbers that week.

It's £5 and you get weighed in before the game. You can get free weeks by losing the most weight % that week. You can also get free games for a hattrick 3 weeks in a row of weight losses. There's also a league table that is 8 games long and again you get free games for various weight loss things if you're near the top at the end of the 8 week run. This table is based on your individual game score as you get bonus goals/points for losing weight added to the final score that week so you can often turn a loss into a win. You can also concede goals if you gain weight so can turn a win into a loss! :lol:

It sounds complicated I know but it's not really as the basics of it are, if you lose weight regularly you get a free game now and then and get more goals and points ;)

It's similar to the Man v Fat thing as a few lads are from there originally but it's cheaper, at least twice as long a game on a much bigger pitch and you've got a bit more incentive if you want to get a free game out of it now and then. No moany whinging bitches though as we've got enough of that already, haha!

If interested then just send me a PM ;)

Haha that's about 80kg and lighter than the majority who are anywhere from 90-130kg (14-20st) :lol: Not all lads who play are fat fucker flab fighters like me as some just come to play ;) So if you fancy a game you're welcome as we're sometimes short on numbers though.

No worries mate, will send you a PM with my number, if you're ever short feel free to send a text

Football isn’t very efficient at burning fat, and for mr blobby unfit fat middle aged men it’s more likely to lead to injuries and heart attacks.

I would recommend that you improve your diet and go for some long walks instead. When you have lost some lard then consider high intensity cardio.

Football isn’t very efficient at burning fat, and for mr blobby unfit fat middle aged men it’s more likely to lead to injuries and heart attacks.

I would recommend that you improve your diet and go for some long walks instead. When you have lost some lard then consider high intensity cardio.
Aye diet is important and when I was on the MvF thing I ate sensibly and lost 20% body weight and average heart rate dropped by about 15 beats per minute. However most will know that just trying to improve diet and walks is a hard ask whereas a game of footy gets you going along the path to doing more. You don't have to go daft like it's a Sunday League team and it's like a lads weightwatchers at times trying to get under last week's weight :lol:

I put it all back on as shit happened and I went food daft but I'll do it again for good this time ;)

Aye diet is important and when I was on the MvF thing I ate sensibly and lost 20% body weight and average heart rate dropped by about 15 beats per minute. However most will know that just trying to improve diet and walks is a hard ask whereas a game of footy gets you going along the path to doing more. You don't have to go daft like it's a Sunday League team and it's like a lads weightwatchers at times trying to get under last week's weight :lol:

I put it all back on as shit happened and I went food daft but I'll do it again for good this time ;)
I wasn’t being totally serious!

It’s good that you are motivating people and a support group will help too.

I wasn’t being totally serious!

It’s good that you are motivating people and a support group will help too.
You're right though as some lads at that MvF went a bit OTT and got injured or burned out easily in play. We just have a laugh about it all (though dummies do come out in play sometimes) and some lads lose weight, some gain a little after losing. As I track it all for everyone and done it for a year now and at least you know you're not going daft if you play regular enough as extra weight and fitness loss can creep up on you if you ignore it like I did :(

I played Wednesday. Can vouch for this as I stepped in twice as a keeper when you were short on numbers and it's a laugh at times although you're right, some dummies do get spat out

Cheers :cool:

We did well to keep it down to 7-1 Wednesday as I fucked the sides up when picking them! :oops: It was like Sunderland v Man City when you looked at the lads when waiting to kick off. Yet we took the lead and held out for 20 odd minutes before you eventually equalised and we had a 2nd half collapse. Having most of the fat lads on our team didn't help along with you having a couple of skinny runners! :lol:

For the benefit of the game it's going to being turned into a more friendly but competitive kickabout rather than the Champions League Cup Final as warnings have been said now. Everybody has to lose a game now and then and all that is at stake is a free game now and then, not £millions. It's not that bad as ages ago but there's still no need for some of the stuff that's said or going on like it's a Sunday League game

Another good knock tonight. Well worth it if people want a bit of a kick about. Some good crack @MackemX
Aye, thought we had it early doors but it didn't help my team when I got injured as half your goals went through me :lol: plus your team had the legs. Still enjoyed it to some degree and games have been much better in recent weeks as everyone just getting on with it as you can't win them all! Hoping I'm areet for next week and lose a few lbs on the way anarl!

Is this still going like? How much is it per session? I've been wanting to start playing footy again for years but haven't had the chance, this sounds reet up my street anorl as I need to shift a stone and improve my cardio :p

Back