Any one play chess

Practice mate, fab game, I’ve played since I was a kid and still play now on a phone app with a mate. You can read up on defence strategy but I think if you keep practicing you’ll get better. Take your time and look ahead as far as you can.
This. You just need to keep practising and you will get better.

My father in law has a rare numbered book about chess from the 1930s signed by the author.

You should watch Anna Rudolf's vids. Even if you have no interest in chess. I find her voice and the detailed explanations very relaxing.

What a very bizarre game. Definitely from the "all guns blazing" school of strategy.

There are a number of good chess channels on YouTube.

Not sure about never play f4 mind :)

It's a reasonable rule of thumb for a novice as F2 is one of the weakest squares on the board - but like any rule you need to know when to break it.

Also, call me a old git but I prefer the descriptive notation to the algebraic form. I know the algebraic (E4) has been the official standards since the 90s, is easier for beginners and is always unambiguous but the descriptive style (PKB4) gives more information.

It's a reasonable rule of thumb for a novice as F2 is one of the weakest squares on the board - but like any rule you need to know when to break it.

Also, call me a old git but I prefer the descriptive notation to the algebraic form. I know the algebraic (E4) has been the official standards since the 90s, is easier for beginners and is always unambiguous but the descriptive style (PKB4) gives more information.

yeah I always preferred the descriptive notation also

I was playing a competitive match for Ayr against Kilmarnock in the Ayrshire league before lockdown and one of the players for Kilmarnock mobile phone went off, that's an automatic loss for the player. Hardlines if your needed in an emergency like.

Back