Any nice villages around the Milton Keynes area?

Son and daughter an law considering a move and want a village with nice pubs and close to rail for London.

Said I would help with looking around. So cam here ahead of the boddy real estate agents

My Mam lives about 30 mins east of MK in a village near St Neots.

It's canny, there's some nice villages, it's just off the A1 and good train links to London.

The major issue being it's proximity to Bedford which is honestly the worst town I've seen in the UK. St Neots is a bit crap as a small town and full of the descendants of Cockernee war refugees.

Can't really help with specifics closer to MK though. The indoor ski slope is great fun, though! :lol:

Son and daughter an law considering a move and want a village with nice pubs and close to rail for London.

Said I would help with looking around. So cam here ahead of the boddy real estate agents
Ampthill is lovely although I think it is about 20 minute's drive to the station that takes you direct to London iirc. Thatched cottages, great pubs and decent restaurants.
@Big Sharp Teeth should be able to give some good advice.

Ampthill is lovely although I think it is about 20 minute's drive to the station that takes you direct to London iirc. Thatched cottages, great pubs and decent restaurants.
@Big Sharp Teeth should be able to give some good advice.

The local line into St Pancras, Central London and then onto Brighton is only about 5 minutes drive. It was the mainline station that was about 20 mins away.

Depends if they want actual village or nice small town. The villages can be extra pricey if they're any good (not that the towns are cheap).

Places like Stony Stratford and Woburn Sands seem canny enough. They're pretty near MK. Woburn is nice but a bit too up itself.

To the east of MK you do have some nice places like Ampthill that are actually nearer to Flitwick station than MK station. The vicar of Ampthill is a massive lads fan as it happens.

Back