Any multilinguists on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Started trying to learn Spanish on that duolingo last year but found it pretty difficult to be honest.

Know enough to speak very basic conversation but that's about it.

Wish I had kept it up to be honest.

Getting there with Polish. 'Only' took five years to get my B1 grade (which in reality is a shit level but I'm really pleased with myself). It's definitely getting easier for me to learn more now, I'll be C1 in a couple years.

It's solid but really is a pleasure, especially when you're in the country and people can tell you actually know a bit (canny way to impress the lasses there too).

Anyone on here who speaks many languages? If so which languages do you speak? Any unusual ones? What motivated you to learn other languages and how did you find learning them?

English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and some Korean.

Anyone on here who speaks many languages? If so which languages do you speak? Any unusual ones? What motivated you to learn other languages and how did you find learning them?
Russian. Was working with some Russians and spending quite a bit of time over there. Did it first at Warwick University and then at Harrogate College. The alphabet starts off as a big problem, but you get over that pretty quick. The grammar is the hard bit; it’s a very strict mathematical language, not flexible like English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back