Any multilinguists on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

French decent
Spanish and German halting
Some Japanese through karate
Improving Twi (Ashanti / Ghana) due to the missus

As well as English I talk a load of crap apparently.

If a genie offered me 3 wishes, one of them would to be able to speak with anyone on the planet.

In their language obviously.

(I was congratulated on my Spanish while on holiday this year).

Was it......

¿Cuánto debes forzar tu puerta trasera?

Are Czech and Slovak intelligible if you know one or the other or totally different?

Similar but strangely different - still baffles me as they were one country 25 year ago

I can get by with a bit Polish so long as it's not at a ridiculously high speed.

My mates from szezcin and he speaks stupidly fast, its similar to Czech so can pick up bits but he's impossible

The other half speaks Italian, Spanish and French fluently (and English obviously).

Me, nada, little bit of Turkish but not conversational. I can sort of understand them.

I'm learning Italian because of my lass being from there. I can understand most of the basic stuff but still some way off fluency yet but I'm quite happy as at least now when her family visit or we go there I can at least follow what is happening and make myself understood if necessary.

I speak a bit of Chinese but I am too idle to put the graft in to get fluent - kids are pretty good mind. Wife speaks English, mandarin, taiwanese, Cantonese and a bit of Japanese so she verbally abuse me in a whole plethora of languages

I speak broken Romanian thanks to the other half.

She speaks Romanian and English fluently and can get by with Spanish, Italian.

I downloaded an app called Mondly which I’ve been told is doing more harm than good as it teaches you proper Romanian to speak to the elderly which no one actually speaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back