Any multilinguists on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on here who speaks many languages? If so which languages do you speak? Any unusual ones? What motivated you to learn other languages and how did you find learning them?

I have limited, if somewhat lapsed, knowledge of French and German and have picked up a vague understanding of Portuguese and Spanish. My cat is self taught in Norwegian and has limited conversational Russian.

I used to be a fluent French speaker and could get by in Italian and a bit of Mandarin.

I learned Frech and German at school but didn't use them until I started working in France and speaking French - at which point I remembered more than I thought I would.

I also worked in Italy and China so picked up the lingo there. Luckily, In China, I had an interpreter with me all the time and he spent the first two years helping me learn.

They're all gone now, but I think I'd pick up French or Italian pretty quickly if I were to work there again.

If a genie offered me 3 wishes, one of them would to be able to speak with anyone on the planet.

In their language obviously.

(I was congratulated on my Spanish while on holiday this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back