Any mining types here?

Alan BStard

Striker
I have a medal from the Institute of Mine Surveyors, awarded to Thomas Oswald, Joint Dux Medallist Associateship Examination, 3rd March 1923.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Haven't a clue what to do with it. Should I weigh it in for scrap?

Last edited:

A quick look about seems to say he was the first under manager of Coal Cliff Colliery in New South Wales.
Edit: Mebbe not, he died in 1878.:lol:

Last edited:
Don't think I haven't tried. :D

Thats the sort of place it will end up at I expect.
Probably Thomas Dobson Oswald born Easington abt 1901, married Elsie A Davison in 1928 in Easington. In 1939 he was chief Surveyor living in Thornley. Had twins Edward and Thomas jnr in 1938 and another son John in 1939
Died in Co Durham about 1970

Ish! Family history searching has it's uses. Hope the above doesn't breach any data protection stuff but it's all freely available on t'net
Would be good to get it back to the family or the mining museum

Probably Thomas Dobson Oswald born Easington abt 1901, married Elsie A Davison in 1928 in Easington. In 1939 he was chief Surveyor living in Thornley. Had twins Edward and Thomas jnr in 1938 and another son John in 1939

Ish! Family history searching has it's uses. Hope the above doesn't breach any data protection stuff but it's all freely available on t'net
Fantastic.

Didn't look very thoroughly like did he. FFS 😁

MLF apparently

Back