Any mechanics!

Master cylinder on the clutch probably. Happened on me Octavia 1.9tdi when I was in France on holiday last year (talk about timing 🙄). Unfortunately it’s a new clutch as the fluid usually leaks onto the clutch plate. They wanted 1400 euro in France to do it so ended up getting the car repatriated and got it done down Shields for £699

The squeal sounds like a thrust bearing (I had that on a very old car) I didn’t realise cars still had thrust bearings, my knowledge is so out of date it’s untrue!

The car is now outside a garage, I’ll go and talk to them tomorrow and work out what the best course of action is, and if it’s worth repairing. Might be time for a change.
Yeah,a few manufacturers have stayed away from fancy slave cyclinders etc inc VW ,citroen,peugeot etc,Just had a quick look,the 1.6d doesn't have a dual mass and has a thrust bearing so it shouldn't be mental prices

The gearbox on this is a simple part to work on. The engine is also tiny so room isn’t an issue once you strip away a few things that are in the way. The engine is a good one, much like the smaller petrol of this age. Shouldn’t be too much of an issue and price won’t be terrible.

Yeah,a few manufacturers have stayed away from fancy slave cyclinders etc inc VW ,citroen,peugeot etc,Just had a quick look,the 1.6d doesn't have a dual mass and has a thrust bearing so it shouldn't be mental prices

Cheers for the info, much appreciated, I’m heading to the garage shortly with the key and to have a chat to look at the options! I reckon it will need a timing soon enough, plus the suspension arms need sorting (advisory on the last mot) so I’ll see what the total cost is going to be and make a decision. I planned on keeping it for a few more years but we will see.

Dual Mass? Dunno what you mean pal.. Its automatic transmission - and a piece of shit! lol
Well if it’s hydraulic automatic is doesn’t have a flywheel.

If it’s semi automatic it’ll have a clutch and flywheel which is a very much like a traditional manual but the clutch is operated by and electric motor.

If it has the flywheel it could be a dual mass or solid.
Had a new DMF and clutch fitted on my 02 plate 1.9 TDI a few year back. £600 all in. Brand new sachs flywheel aswell. Not too bad I thought.
That is decent. Prices are coming down mind as there’re so prone.

Well if it’s hydraulic automatic is doesn’t have a flywheel.

If it’s semi automatic it’ll have a clutch and flywheel which is a very much like a traditional manual but the clutch is operated by and electric motor.

If it has the flywheel it could be a dual mass or solid.

That is decent. Prices are coming down mind as there’re so prone.

Is a 6 speed manual

where was that from? ... happy to pay for a replacement, but not a grand as prev quoted
You can also save money buying thr parts yourself and just getting the garage to fit ( so you only pay for his/her time) I paid £350 for my mondeo DMF and clutch kit last year and £130 for labour costs ( garage behind Hylton Road)

You can also save money buying thr parts yourself and just getting the garage to fit ( so you only pay for his/her time) I paid £350 for my mondeo DMF and clutch kit last year and £130 for labour costs ( garage behind Hylton Road)
You can but it can be a fart on with a warranty claim if the garage don’t supply the parts

Back