Any mechanics on here...

At least now you know no one can pinch your car.

Abarth595 ad on my screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate I'll try that later

Also have to you tried putting the headlights on when trying to start, if they dim right down it is 100% the battery, which is what I'd be leaning towards. I guess you haven't tried jump starting it? It is starting to get quite cold overnight which is when ageing batteries really start to struggle. Other things it could be is a blocked fuel line/filter, but that's less likely. If it's petrol and was a spark plug it should still start, but it by clearly misfiring one one cylinder. I'm not sure how one bust glow plug would effect it if it's a diesel.

Also have to you tried putting the headlights on when trying to start, if they dim right down it is 100% the battery, which is what I'd be leaning towards. I guess you haven't tried jump starting it? It is starting to get quite cold overnight which is when ageing batteries really start to struggle. Other things it could be is a blocked fuel line/filter, but that's less likely. If it's petrol and was a spark plug it should still start, but it by clearly misfiring one one cylinder. I'm not sure how one bust glow plug would effect it if it's a diesel.
Not quite, it could be a sticky starter..

When you try and start it can you hear a clicking noise and your dash flashes.... CD player resets? Try a jump start .... sounds like mine last week .... there's s battery place in team valley with 33% off on a weekend

tbh I have no idea.. I can put fuel , water and oil in a car.. thats about it
I can put diesel in but divint bother with the other two .

Fluff on the whirly bits.
Ah of course .

A glow plug off on a cold morning would stop it starting . It did on my 308 Merc .

Last edited:
car make and model, engine size would be a help.

but then again, how long is a piece of string.

12.5 seems a bit low to me although it should still start. winter knacks batteries.
12.5v should be fine. sounds like a starter issue if that voltage is there and its turning slow.

glow plugs are mainly to cut cold start emmisions in most modern diesels unless its -10+

Last edited:
car make and model, engine size would be a help.

but then again, how long is a piece of string.

12.5v should be fine. sounds like a starter issue if that voltage is there and its turning slow.

my harley's struggle if the battery's less than 12.5. but then again it's 2 massive pistons trying to turn over.
i'm no expert but a drop test tells more than a resting voltage. iirc.

my harley's struggle if the battery's less than 12.5. but then again it's 2 massive pistons trying to turn over.
i'm no expert but a drop test tells more than a resting voltage. iirc.
massive compression on a harley vtwin probley enough voltage, but the starter sounds lazy due to the nature of the vtwin.

Back