Any Kombucha Brewers ?

Nookie Bear

Winger
Just checked on my first batch and to my amazement it seems to be working well - hopefully ready to bottle at the weekend.

I’m doing a continuous brew , in for a penny and all that ...

Aye I’ve had my scoby going for a few years now. Love the stuff. Got the Noma Guide To Fermentation for Christmas and have been trying some of their recipes, got some coffee stuff brewing at the minute.

What flavours are you trying?

Aye I’ve had my scoby going for a few years now. Love the stuff. Got the Noma Guide To Fermentation for Christmas and have been trying some of their recipes, got some coffee stuff brewing at the minute.

What flavours are you trying?

Going to try some ginger and some frozen berries in first bottles - I fancy pineapple but looks like that makes it extremely fizzy. I was reading about the fermented coffee too - might be a future project so would love to know how you get on with it.

I was a bit concerned about it being too cold so Wilfy got me a brew belt and seems to be doing the trick , getting some condensation though and opinions on wether that’s ok or terrible seem to be split 50/50

Last edited:
Going to try some ginger and some frozen berries in first bottles - I fancy pineapple but looks like that makes it extremely fizzy. I was reading about the fermented coffee too - might be a future project so would love to know how you get on with it.

I was a bit concerned about it being too cold so Wilfy got me a brew belt and seems to be doing the trick , getting some condensation though and opinions on wether that’s ok or terrible seem to be split 50/50
Haven’t come across them before. Is the scoby looking healthy from it?

Ginger’s my favourite one, I made some ginger and lemon over the summer and it was class in the heat. Far more sugar in ginger than I’d ever realised so be careful with the length of any second ferments. Will let you know on the coffee stuff!

Ginger’s my favourite one, I made some ginger and lemon over the summer and it was class in the heat. Far more sugar in ginger than I’d ever realised so be careful with the length of any second ferments. Will let you know on the coffee stuff!

Yeah it looks fine and from tasting it after 5 days it’s doing it’s trick.

I see a lot of exploding brews on the Kombucha brewing group on Facebook - will have to be extra careful as just had the kitchen cleaned !

I’ve set one away from half a bottle bought at H&B it’s ready to bottle for 2nd Ferment but I’m too lazy

Get it bottled or you’ll end up with vinegar , mind the vinegar is meant to be good too

Aye, knocked out a few batches a while back. Just don’t have the space for it at the minute though. Same as the home brewing of booze.

How did the coffee stuff go ?

Onto my third batch

Blueberry was a bit meh carbonation wise but tasted great

Pineapple a success on both fronts

This batch I’ve got to bottle today I’m going to try ginger in - switched to green tea in the continuous brew for this and prefer the taste

How did the coffee stuff go ?

Onto my third batch

Blueberry was a bit meh carbonation wise but tasted great

Pineapple a success on both fronts

This batch I’ve got to bottle today I’m going to try ginger in - switched to green tea in the continuous brew for this and prefer the taste
Decent enough but probably won’t try it again. I drink kombucha for the sharp fruit flavours mainly, so it just wasn’t for me. Was thinking about trying a rhubarb one next.

Agree on the green tea too. I do a 10g black tea, 5g green mix per 2 litres.

Last edited:
Ah, the kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.
Who will believe you?
Who will believe you?
Let your mother pray.

Bumparama, but did anyone get into this?

I can't be arsed making my own straight away (maybe later?), but can anyone recommend the best ones to buy?

Odd that this has been bumped. I’m off to get a vessel to begin mine today. Going to start a scoby. Can anyone recommend a cheap thing to store it in once I’m ready to start the actual liquid in about a month?

Have been doing fermented veg recently and I love it. Sugar Snap peas are great to snack on.

Back