Any IT Guru's here?

Help! My desktop welcome screen is blurred and no matter what I do, I cannot get any further than this picture. Googled various options which tell me to hold shift key and click restart, but when I do that, the PC restarts instead of going to the troubleshooter menu.
What happens when you press control alt delete?
Are the icons in the bottom right blurred?
Can you plug it into a second screen?
What happens if you press windows key and P?

Help! My desktop welcome screen is blurred and no matter what I do, I cannot get any further than this picture. Googled various options which tell me to hold shift key and click restart, but when I do that, the PC restarts instead of going to the troubleshooter menu.

What happens when you press control alt delete?
Are the icons in the bottom right blurred?
Can you plug it into a second screen?
What happens if you press windows key and P?

Nothing
No, they are clear. Everything is clear from start-up to shut down.
Yes
I get options of where I want the display. All options result in blurred screen.
Thanks, but as you can see from my original pic, I don't have the option to open anything as I cant see the log-in bit.

Last edited:
Thanks, but as you can see from my original pic, I don't have the option to open anything as I cant see the log-in bit.
Ah, you tried Safe Mode?

1. From your start-up screen click the Power button, then press and hold the Shift keyboard key and while doing so click on Restart.
  2. From the next screen, choose Troubleshoot.
  3. Next, click on Advanced options.
  4. Go to Startup Settings.
  5. Press Restart from the next window.
  6. Now, just choose to reboot into Safe Mode.
:edit: I see you've tried that anarl! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are readable icons on right of your screen so you should be able to read text.

Use the Windows key to navigate or right click mouse to navigate to display options or other fixes suggested.

Remove the Graphics card and reboot the pc, it should detect the missing card and use the generic one on the motherboard, if you then have a working screen, that might suggest it's the graphics card.

Back