Any house alarm engineers get on here

wireless pads, that goes without saying.
I true. But he’s putting himself out there as an alarm engineer and saying sparks don’t know what there are talking about, the only wireless alarms with batteries in the keypad are them toy DIY ones kicking about in b and q and the likes.
Flat battery my vote.
It can’t be. You could take the battery out and it would still work mate.
Yamar1 was spot on then the water as just been muddied by people.

Last edited:

I true. But he’s putting himself out there as an alarm engineer and saying sparks don’t know what there are talking about, the only wireless alarms with batteries in the keypad are them toy DIY ones kicking about in b and q and the likes.

It can’t be. You could take the battery out and it would still work mate.
Yamar1 was spot on then the water as just been muddied by people.
Bought a pyronix wireless system for my gaff a couple of years ago as didnt want to wreck the house, its a cracking bit of kit tbf for wireless. But agreed, the yale kits and the like are shite. At the end of the day though a good wired kit is the one to have.

In case I have got this wrong I’m going to apologise in advance if I have.

I was simply trying to help the OP, I am not an alarm engineer (never suggested I was), but I have had a similar fault in the past.

au fait – means –“ having a good or detailed knowledge of” - try google

I never said it was anything, or the keypad had a battery! just suggested things to check.

I’ll leave it to you, you’re the man

Bought a pyronix wireless system for my gaff a couple of years ago as didnt want to wreck the house, its a cracking bit of kit tbf for wireless. But agreed, the yale kits and the like are shite. At the end of the day though a good wired kit is the one to have.
Does that pyronix system have a battery powered keypad mate?
In case I have got this wrong I’m going to apologise in advance if I have.

I was simply trying to help the OP, I am not an alarm engineer (never suggested I was), but I have had a similar fault in the past.

au fait – means –“ having a good or detailed knowledge of” - try google

I never said it was anything, or the keypad had a battery! just suggested things to check.

I’ll leave it to you, you’re the man
No worries mate. That’s why we have professionals tbf.
You’re right I am the man. :lol:

Last edited:
Yes but i dont have one with mine, there is a pad on the main pannel, its an optional extra, i just use the fob. Id highly recommend the system.
Ah right. I normally fit dsc wireless (Canadian) system it has a hard wired rkp and a hard wired external bell and receiver.
expensive though.

Ah right. I normally fit dsc wireless (Canadian) system it has a hard wired rkp and a hard wired external bell and receiver.
expensive though.
yeah as said the bell and keypad can be wired also.

i have mine set for notifications and arming it works with the same hikvision app for my cams. hikvision is pyronix parent company iirc.
No, it can be connected to the internet for push notifications and arming/disarming via mobile app.
the app is great tbh, yearly charge after the first year like. have you got the same system?

Last edited:
Does that pyronix system have a battery powered keypad mate?

No worries mate. That’s why we have professionals tbf.
You’re right I am the man. :lol:

FFS professionals, you post I’m masquerading as an alarm engineer and you don’t know what aut fait means, then no worries mate.

I know who you are. Your name is Richard Head.

Back