Any decent places to eat near the Theatre in Sunderland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crook Mackem

Striker
I am going there next weekend and i cant be arsed wandering about trying to find somewhere half decent, is there anywhere anyone would recommend ?

I am not one of these food snobs who wants to eat hand reared quail or owt just something decent at a sensible price.

The Amalfi was always a pleasant little Italian on Church Lane, haven't been for years mind

that the one opposite the dun cow ?

edit
always assumed that was a bar, it looks like a bar

thats where it is mate, the one on the corner facing the Dun Cow is a bar but thats relatively new, the Amalfi is an italian and theres an indian above it IIRC, all on the same corner.

Champion, some decent suggestions there lads just got to endure 2 hours or whatever it is of "Grease the Musical" afterwards :lol:

Is there anywhere that does nice English based food? Taking the dragon in a few months and I don't think she'd be best pleased with a scampi and chips from the Lambton Worm.

thats where it is mate, the one on the corner facing the Dun Cow is a bar but thats relatively new, the Amalfi is an italian and theres an indian above it IIRC, all on the same corner.

Amalfi has been the Spice Empire for about 6 years

Decent it us too

Amalfi has been the Spice Empire for about 6 years

Decent it us too

oh thanks, I wasn't sure just remember it had a really nice intimate atmosphere and good food, always assumed the indian was upstairs.

oh thanks, I wasn't sure just remember it had a really nice intimate atmosphere, always assumed the indian was upstairs.

Amalfi was decent, and yes the restaurant above is the Motiraj. Must have been open at least 30 years, though not as good as it used to be.

Is there anywhere that does nice English based food? Taking the dragon in a few months and I don't think she'd be best pleased with a scampi and chips from the Lambton Worm.

Chop house upstairs in the Dunn Cow. If you don't want the full menu does lunchtime special/early evening menu IIRC.

Good burgers in No2 Church Lane, right opposite, as already posted. You could try upstairs in the ISIS for tapas, would only be a 5 minute walk.

Chop house upstairs in the Dunn Cow. If you don't want the full menu does lunchtime special/early evening menu IIRC.

Good burgers in No2 Church Lane, right opposite, as already posted. You could try upstairs in the ISIS for tapas, would only be a 5 minute walk.

Thanks mate, Chop House sounds good.

Westminster down the road actually does surprisingly decent food of the English variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back