Any CompEx sparkies on here?

Adamsy

Central Defender
My refresher is due and it’s supposed to be tricky, just wondering if anyone’s done it recently and can recommend a training provider.

AIS at tyne tunnel estate or Nita at Billingham that I know of. Prices are ridiculous now for refresher. Done my compex at ais, £800 and had a leaflet of info to show for it.

iv got to sit the 18th ed soon, not looking forward to it.
Just done my 18th last week. Ended up doing it at AIS Newcastle. It was tricky like but not too bad. As long as you can navigate the book you’ll be fine

AIS at tyne tunnel estate or Nita at Billingham that I know of. Prices are ridiculous now for refresher. Done my compex at ais, £800 and had a leaflet of info to show for it.
Done my compex refresher there about 6 weeks ago. It’s all changed now and has a very high fail rate, there was blokes who’b been ex inspectors offshore for 20 year never had a clue what to do on the computer simulated bit, just walking out after 10 mins. Not easy at all

Last edited:
I done the full course at NETA last month, I originally had my two day refresher booked for January but missed it stuck offshore. Wasn’t too bad, haven’t found out if I passed yet like

I done the full course at NETA last month, I originally had my two day refresher booked for January but missed it stuck offshore. Wasn’t too bad, haven’t found out if I passed yet like
What did you think of the new computer, selection of equipment part? That part threw me at first until I got my head into it.

What did you think of the new computer, selection of equipment part? That part threw me at first until I got my head into it.
There is no computer part on the full five day course. The instructors showed us about it, and explained how it is for the two day refresher- it’s a lot more relaxed on the five dayer

There is no computer part on the full five day course. The instructors showed us about it, and explained how it is for the two day refresher- it’s a lot more relaxed on the five dayer
Aye it’s quite intense the Refresher like. Had an email this morn to say I’d passed it like so at least I haven’t got to worry about it for another 5 year. Defo think I’ll do the full 5 days next time.

Back