Ants...

We had them really bad coming out of skirting boards and up the wall etc...tried all the sprays which some work directly but not for the rest of them. We tried the poundshop version of a trap...didn't work.....Last resort, reduced in Asda (Nippon Ant Killer Bait Station Nest Trap) these are the indoor outdoor traps....once you find the source and bait them as instructed. We genuinely haven't had an ant problem for two years

Logon or register to see this image
That's the ones. Works a treat.

Aye, powder on me patio where they have been at work. Couple of traps from B&M will kill the colony off, mate. Re point or repair where necessary. Put a few more traps down each month. They are only a quid. They'll soon do one.
Think we’re gonna have to get somebody out

Could be worse. You could get ant and decs.

Actually we've had ants in our kitchen for quite a few years. I'd have thought they'd use a nest/colony for a few years then more to another location, but we've had ours,summer only, for about 12 years. I used to find their entry point and block it with silicon. That worked most times. They appeared to just find another route to the garden. Came back from hols about 6 years back and they had turned into flying ants while the neighbour was coming in to feed the cats. What a mess. Dead ants all over the kitchen, and everything stunk of some bleachy stuff he had sprayed them with.

Last edited:
A weed burner or blow torch is hours of fun. Just send the bairns out with instructions not to burn any ants with them. Ants gone in 30 mins.

Think we’re gonna have to get somebody out

From what you've posted it might sound obvious but you need to have a PROPER look for an entry point..I had a few in the porch last year and I went round it with a fine toothed comb..found a couple of holes outside and a gap inside..filled them up..no more ants.

Wait for the annual spider invasion at the end of August. Seem to get bigger every year. Scary looking bastards!

Back