Antibody tests a waste of time and money

My wife and I had the antibody test last week. Mine came back negative and hers came back positive. Neither of us have had any symptoms but have worked around people with the virus daily.

Don't know what to think really.

Last edited:
My wife and I had the antibody test last week. Mine came back negative and hers came back positive. Neither of us have had any symptoms but have worked around people with the virus daily.

Don't know what to think really.

Have you been having sex and stuff still?
Just for research purposes, if you’ve just been going about pretty normal and you haven’t had it, then surely it cannot be as big a threat contagious wise as it’s made to be?

That’s a huge positive for me.
I say sex as I doubt she spits in your face that may contaminate you.

Have you been having sex and stuff still?
Just for research purposes, if you’ve just been going about pretty normal and you haven’t had it, then surely it cannot be as big a threat contagious wise as it’s made to be?

That’s a huge positive for me.
I say sex as I doubt she spits in your face that may contaminate you.

We've been kissing/sleeping together etc. basically every day. Doesn't make sense.

We've been kissing/sleeping together etc. basically every day. Doesn't make sense.

It appears there are different levels of protection provided by your immune system and if the T-cells kill the virus then you may not develop antibodies.

"Like antibodies, T-cells are part of the bit of your immune system that has a memory. Once it recognises a particular virus, it can quickly target cells infected with it and kill them."

The group of scientists say as a positive result is unable to prove immunity, the tests offer "no benefit" to hospitals and care staff.

It looks like the big "game changer" is not so much of a game changer after all.
Surely there needs to be a massive study undertaken which monitors future infection of those who have antibodies.

It would be wise to do this before rolling a meaningless test out to all an sundry.

It could be important for Docs, nurses , police etc to know that they are immune for a period of time at least

Surely there needs to be a massive study undertaken which monitors future infection of those who have antibodies.

It would be wise to do this before rolling a meaningless test out to all an sundry.

It could be important for Docs, nurses , police etc to know that they are immune for a period of time at least

Agreed, thing is if nobody knows how long immunity lasts for then whats the point, you have to take all the usual precautions assuming you are not immune.

I don't believe the Leicester test results are correct, how can you have one way way higher than another?
It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Pillar 1 and what the fuck pillar 2.

Who, on here, has had one of these letters about testing ? My fatha has had one were he had to do a blood test & submit a photo of the test result and I've just found out my brothers son and sisters daughter have had a swab test thing. It occurred to me that this sounds like an awful lot of testing must be going on and as a suspicious type I'm curious how wide spread this is because that level of family analysis seems a bit odd to me.

I keep drip feeding small doses of Covid... ive been in contact with 5 people to my knowing who have tested positive for covid but have not been hospitalised but showed only minor symptoms. By avoiding areas like Hospitals when theyre peaking Nursing Homes for obvious reasons etc and what will be town centre boozers shortly... you have a far greater chance of building up your own immunity than relying on a vaccine

I keep drip feeding small doses of Covid... ive been in contact with 5 people to my knowing who have tested positive for covid but have not been hospitalised but showed only minor symptoms. By avoiding areas like Hospitals when theyre peaking Nursing Homes for obvious reasons etc and what will be town centre boozers shortly... you have a far greater chance of building up your own immunity than relying on a vaccine

:) It's a good theory, sort of like a small childs immune build up. I only just found out that these anti body tests only test positive if you have had it within 60 day & even then the small print states it may not be accurate ?!! AKA it's all bollocks

Back