Anti-social neighbours

LondonMackem

Striker
Moved in to a new flat a couple of months ago and there's a council block next door as they need to have some social housing to build this new estate. The neighbours in the council flats next door are constantly shouting and swearing outside and inside the flat, blaring music in to the night, and just generally being scratters.

Anyone know if complaints to councils are taken seriously with this sort of thing? Should I report it to the housing association/police as well? My girlfriend suffers with severe anxiety and it's affecting her quite badly.

Cheers

You're gonna have to handle this yourself. Authorities will be no help.
Group of mates, balaclavas, bats and a van. Take the ringleader away and give him a message.

Let me know how you get on xxx

I'd definitely contact the necessary authority. Where do you live?
A village in Kent called Westerham. I've lodged a complaint online with the council and if it carries on again in to the night I'll probably call 101.

It's a complete pisstake tbf. We paid good money for this place and you get some fat scratter who pops out 5 kids and gets a 2 bed for free. Wankers.

A village in Kent called Westerham. I've lodged a complaint online with the council and if it carries on again in to the night I'll probably call 101.

It's a complete pisstake tbf. We paid good money for this place and you get some fat scratter who pops out 5 kids and gets a 2 bed for free. Wankers.

Have the council properties been built after you bought the place?

Keep a diary of the incidents. You can use that as evidence to report it to the council. They should help but it takes time jumping through all the hoops.

My brother had noisy scatter neighbours move in, but the decent ones in the street all kept diaries and worked together to get them removed. Ask around and see if it's bothering anyone else and if they would help.

Genuinely feel sorry for your plight, mate. I've replied because a customer of mine is having issues that are not too far away from yours. Council (Newcastle) intervened so far but have said that as there are kids living there, there is only so much that they can do. Disclaimer is that I have no experience of this myself, just a conversation that I had tonight.

Suppose the best track is to keep reporting anti-social behaviour that is affecting your and yours lives.

Built at the same time

Bit shite that for you then. At least if they were there before you might have thought more about it.
Been there myself in a previous property where the neighbours made things shit. Our lass used to dread coming home from work. Although not particularly bad, they were just loud and had little respect for themselves or others. That was an ex council place we bought and there were still maybe 50/50 council tennants to private.
Most were fine, but it only takes one bad apple.
Go to the council with the complaint every time. Even if you ring 101 let the council know. Do a petition with the neighbours. If he's pissing you off, chances are others are equally annoyed. Mention the distress its causing your lass. If there is enough complaints eventually the council will move him or at least warn him and threaten him with eviction. Nobody should have to hate being in their own home.

Bit shite that for you then. At least if they were there before you might have thought more about it.
Been there myself in a previous property where the neighbours made things shit. Our lass used to dread coming home from work. Although not particularly bad, they were just loud and had little respect for themselves or others. That was an ex council place we bought and there were still maybe 50/50 council tennants to private.
Most were fine, but it only takes one bad apple.
Go to the council with the complaint every time. Even if you ring 101 let the council know. Do a petition with the neighbours. If he's pissing you off, chances are others are equally annoyed. Mention the distress its causing your lass. If there is enough complaints eventually the council will move him or at least warn him and threaten him with eviction. Nobody should have to hate being in their own home.
We've spoken to other neighbours who are equally pissed off, so I will be speaking to them too, to do the same as me. I've lodged a complaint with the council and will call them Monday morning to follow up.

The police have visited that block a few times, it's literally one flat and as you say it only takes one. Such a shame as the estate is lovely and residents all seem decent apart from them. Fuckers.

We've spoken to other neighbours who are equally pissed off, so I will be speaking to them too, to do the same as me. I've lodged a complaint with the council and will call them Monday morning to follow up.

The police have visited that block a few times, it's literally one flat and as you say it only takes one. Such a shame as the estate is lovely and residents all seem decent apart from them. Fuckers.

Speak to the neighbours in their block as well, maybe even call a residents meeting if you can be arsed organising it, inviting everyone but the problem

Social housing has a disproportionate amount of inconsiderate scum in it like. The irony is that people like LM are effectively subsidising their digs whilst the arseholes get to ruin his quality of life. Similar story with the nhs where hardworking people are subsiding the free healthcare of fat, drunk and/or drug users. This country needs a major clampdown on chav culture.

Social housing has a disproportionate amount of inconsiderate scum in it like. The irony is that people like LM are effectively subsidising their digs whilst the arseholes get to ruin his quality of life. Similar story with the nhs where hardworking people are subsiding the free healthcare of fat, drunk and/or drug users. This country needs a major clampdown on chav culture.

Alreet Mr Cameron, how's it going since you packed work in?

:lol::lol:

I’m right like

I agree with the sentiments, but by and large, people don't choose to be like that. They're born into it, and some don't see a way out. Victims of circumstance. Failed by the state. Probably goes back to Thatcher's right to buy scheme and the aspirationalism under the Thatcher government when the working class was painted as s something to escape rather than be part of.
Social housing wasn't a bad thing, but as people bought their council homes and got on the property ladder, being a tennant was seen as worse than being a home owner.

Ah sod it, can't be arsed writing any more getting on my soap box

Back