Anti mask demonstrations - Trafalgar Square

I back the police as much as i can but it does do my head in how they are heavy handed at these protests but kneeled & ran off from the blm marches.

Not sure what can be done about protests really. If we ban them then its just going to encourage more of them happening.
I think it’s in the public interest to arrest anyone breaking the virus rules by removing their masks.

Racism is a totally legitimate reason to protest though.

I back the police as much as i can but it does do my head in how they are heavy handed at these protests but kneeled & ran off from the blm marches.

Not sure what can be done about protests really. If we ban them then its just going to encourage more of them happening.
That’s not really true though, is it, because as soon as people started acting up at BLM protests they used batons and ran horses towards them.

Its getting ridiculous now , I would support emergency powers for the police to use water cannons on these twats.

:lol: :lol:
As more and more start to wake up, probably after mass job losses and a cold winter of discontent, they will join their fellow Patriots realisation of the situation.

Last edited:
these idiot protestors will be DROPPING DEAD in there hundreds in the next 2 or 3 weeks , just like all those BLM and patriot protestors did a couple of months back , havent they learned ANYTHING !!!!!!

How many Covid diagnoses are false positives? | The Spectator

Like one of Oxford's top epidemiologists?, I suppose he has below average intelligence too does he?

Have you actually read the article in the link?

"But for ease of calculation, let’s imagine the real infection level is higher: that 1 in 1,000 of us have the virus. Or 0.1 per cent.

And let’s imagine again that, in this scenario, 10,000 random people go for a Covid-19 test. With the infection level at 0.1 per cent, just ten people will have Sars-CoV-2 and 9,990 will not. Of the ten who turn up with an infection, 80 per cent will test positive, meaning eight people will be correctly identified while two walk away with a false negative.

And of the 9,990 not infected, all but ten will be correctly diagnosed as negative: hence the success rate of 99.9 per cent (the specificity). But ten will be told they have Covid-19, when in fact they don’t. That leaves us with 18 positive tests: eight from people who genuinely had the virus and ten who did not. So only eight out of 18 (44 per cent) of the infections are real. That’s where the chance of accurately detecting the disease being less than 50 per cent comes from.

But the above is not so hypothetical, given that the latest figures show the virus at lower levels than the scenario considered above, with tens of thousands of tests carried out every day. The academic study accompanying the ONS Infection Survey from 26 April to 28 June makes this point: ‘Even in a purely hypothetical situation that the virus is not circulating, a test specificity of 99.9 per cent would be associated with an expected number of positive tests that is approximately equal to what we observed over the entire study period.’"

Of course as you do more tests you will get more false positive (and more missed) but the key point is that of 10,000 people tested (assuming 10 have coronavirus) 9980 will get a correct negative diagnosis. People are IMO using real numbers in a false and misleading way to make things look much worse than they are and support their own misguided beliefs on this.

The wibblers are all over this false positive thing. Bless. :lol:
It’s true though. A 1% false positive rate is calculated from the total amount of tests. The more tests you do and the small amount actually true positives means there is a massive percentage of false positives against the true positives

It’s true though. A 1% false positive rate is calculated from the total amount of tests. The more tests you do and the small amount actually true positives means there is a massive percentage of false positives against the true positives

No it's not, as has been evidenced by different people across different threads. You keep repeating the same unevidenced "it's true" bollocks. I sincerely hope you're not a parent when you can't separate the clear difference between evidence and opinion.

Please show us the evidence of 1% false positives? Please show us evidence that it relates to the total amount of tests?

You can see in the video , some of these idiots have taken their children with them on the protest ??? No masks or distancing , one assumes these arseholes will use the children as an excuse to stop the Police dispersing them !!!

No it's not, as has been evidenced by different people across different threads. You keep repeating the same unevidenced "it's true" bollocks. I sincerely hope you're not a parent when you can't separate the clear difference between evidence and opinion.

Please show us the evidence of 1% false positives? Please show us evidence that it relates to the total amount of tests?

93% are false positives

Again your quoting someone's opinion as evidence. His interpretation of the modelling is completely wrong.

Dominic Raab and Boris Johnson are incompetent idiots, it's no wonder we're in a mess when MPs are passing on messages that are not backed up by the science they claim to be following

Here's the actual paper he references.
it's a direct download link

It does not say 93% are false positive unless I'm missing something and I'd be happy if you can point it out of I am?

The modelling was based on what we know about shedding the virus and when it's detectable post infection. It suggested that if someone was infected prior to a short haul flight then we may only pick up 7% of the cases and demonstrates the case that we should double test people when common into the country as it hugely increases detection rate.

Have a read.
Coming into the country ffs.

Last edited:
Again your quoting someone's opinion as evidence. His interpretation of the modelling is completely wrong.

Dominic Raab and Boris Johnson are incompetent idiots, it's no wonder we're in a mess when MPs are passing on messages that are not backed up by the science they claim to be following

It does not say 93% are false positive unless I'm missing something and I'd be happy if you can point it out of I am?

The modelling was based on what we know about shedding the virus and when it's detectable post infection. It suggested that if someone was infected prior to a short haul flight then we may only pick up 7% of the cases and demonstrates the case that we should double test people when common into the country as it hugely increases detection rate.

Have a read.

I think you are being unfair - he has worked out that 100-7 is 93 all by himself.

Have a read.

:cool: Nothing on Infowars you want to quote?
On again today I see..

Are the veterans there? Will they be pissing their pants, pissing over monuments to fallen policemen and attacking WPCs again?
Its getting ridiculous now , I would support emergency powers for the police to use water cannons on these twats.

If only someone had bought some water cannons...

Last edited:

Back