Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I absolutely disagree with that, people were saying how evergreen he was against Pulev and how he showed no signs of slowing down. The problem is because it was Tyson Fury who beat him (most people hate him), then it must be because Klitschko is over the hill etc. I hope Klitschko wins simply to show what an amazing achievement it was from Fury to beat him in Germany.

An amazing achievement would have been beating Wlad on top of his game. Yes Tyson nullified him danced round him and hit him with a few half decent shots but the ematch would have been interesting just a shame Tyson bottled it

The worry I have with AJ is that he only just got by a British-level fighter not that long ago, and almost lost.

I know Fury took a few knock downs too in his early days, but he wasn't pushed this fast.

Yeah Dillian Whyte, he looked shaken in that fight for a little bit. He has since fought three very weak fighters. He's also never gone any great distence due to the level of fighter he's been against. I still have him as favourite and really want him to win, but for me it wouldn't be a massive shock if AJ just didn't live up to the hype.

Reactions: PTR
Yeah Dillian Whyte, he looked shaken in that fight for a little bit. He has since fought three very weak fighters. He's also never gone any great distence due to the level of fighter he's been against. I still have him as favourite and really want him to win, but for me it wouldn't be a massive shock if AJ just didn't live up to the hype.
And if he doesn't, he's far from finished

Looking forward to this now, surely Joshua is going to overpower him

Running Order
(earliest to latest - please note the order, fights and timings are all subject to change)

First Fight: 18:30 approx.

Main event: 22:00 approx.

Joe Cordina, Josh Kelly or Lawrence Okolie (lots to be drawn to decide this)

Katie Taylor v Nina Meinke

Luke Campbell v Darleys Perez

Scott Quigg v Viorel Simion

Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Looking forward to the undercard, however it is really weak for the occasion! Campbell, Quigg and Taylor could all be on the under-card of a Jack Arnfield* fight and you wouldnt be surprised.

*Or someone like him, it was the first name in my head.

See I absolutely disagree with that, people were saying how evergreen he was against Pulev and how he showed no signs of slowing down. The problem is because it was Tyson Fury who beat him (most people hate him), then it must be because Klitschko is over the hill etc. I hope Klitschko wins simply to show what an amazing achievement it was from Fury to beat him in Germany.

Think that version of Fury would have caused problems for any version of Wlad but I thought Wlad looked really poor against Bryant Jennings as well, that said it was disgraceful how large parts of the media tried to downplay Fury's performance in Germany.

If Klitschko has got anything left he will win. Joshua got sparked in sparring a while back off Daniel Dubois, doesn't take shots well.

I never put much stock in these "sparked in sparring" stories. When you do thousands of rounds sparring, you're going to get caught by a big shot and knocked out every now and again. Happens to all boxers.

I'd be surprised if Joshua lost, most things about the match-up seem in his favour. Smacks of a last big pay day for Wlad, big name victory for Joshua - everyone goes home happy.

Really hope it doesn't go the distance, unless Wlad utterly dominates he has next to no chance of winning a decision.

Think that version of Fury would have caused problems for any version of Wlad but I thought Wlad looked really poor against Bryant Jennings as well, that said it was disgraceful how large parts of the media tried to downplay Fury's performance in Germany.

Made a lot of people look very silly.

An amazing achievement would have been beating Wlad on top of his game. Yes Tyson nullified him danced round him and hit him with a few half decent shots but the ematch would have been interesting just a shame Tyson bottled it
Looking at your wording I can see your bias as fuck against Fury, give the lad some credit man. What more could Fury do other than go and do what he did? Travel back in time to fight Klitschko 10 years ago to prove himself?

Can't wait me. Leaving Durham at 11.30. Straight to Millers when we get to Kings X.

I get people saying Wlad is the most experienced fighter going etc, but there ain't nobody staying on their feet if they get clocked with one of AJ's shovels

great bar

Reactions: No7
These type of fights piss me off. There's a lot better fights then this.......hang on.....there probably isn't at the moment.

Boxing is really struggling and it's sadly on a downward spiral.

Been a tremendous start to 2017 mind, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Can't wait for it now. First boxing event I've done... I'll not be able to see owt mind up in the gods but the atmosphere should be class :cool:

£235

H, do you know anyone who would be interested in these. Your Pete maybe?

Joshua v Klitscho 29th April

Basically it's 2 tickets to the fight, and coach travel to and from Newcastle after the fight. The coach leaves at 10am Saturday morning and departs after the fight finishes. Tickets for the fight are given out on the coach on way down (to stop ticket touts). . And it's £235 for both
I have all e mail confirmations that I would forward on.
Seems too cheap mate. You confident that it's legit?

Looking at your wording I can see your bias as fuck against Fury, give the lad some credit man. What more could Fury do other than go and do what he did? Travel back in time to fight Klitschko 10 years ago to prove himself?

I am not biased against the bloke no he did amazingly that night I can't deny that !

How he's gone on since the size of his ego and the disappoint of the fact that he hasn't kept himself together and defend the belts is a massive shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back