Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was something very odd about the way Klitschko approached and fought Fury.

Definitely like to see Joshua win but like people have said it's a huge step up for him.
They'll have been expecting a big money spinning rematch probably.

Problem is ya can't count on pikeys.

I'll watch the Quigg fight, but yeh, nowt special on there. CUJ, NBJ would have been nice to see (sorry, don't know which promotion they're both with etc).

Still begs the question, "How finished? How exceptional". I really rated Fury though, unlike a lot of others.

I agree. It is an intriguing fightt like. I think Joshua should and will just steamroll him TBH.

Glad Hearn has took the pelters and look to have the Brook card stacked, which I am going too.

on a side note, how disappointing is it hughie fury dropping out of the parker fight two weeks. he says because of an injury but that seems hugely suspicious

That's the million dollar question. Was that because he didn't prepare anymore, complacent. Or because he's finished? We'll soon find out :)

Can't wait me. Leaving Durham at 11.30. Straight to Millers when we get to Kings X.

I get people saying Wlad is the most experienced fighter going etc, but there ain't nobody staying on their feet if they get clocked with one of AJ's shovels

on a side note, how disappointing is it hughie fury dropping out of the parker fight two weeks. he says because of an injury but that seems hugely suspicious

3 fights in a row where a Fury's backside has fallen out !

Hughie was interviewed last week saying he was fitter stronger and healthier than ever but now has had a 3 week back injury hhhmmmmm

Can't wait me. Leaving Durham at 11.30. Straight to Millers when we get to Kings X.

I get people saying Wlad is the most experienced fighter going etc, but there ain't nobody staying on their feet if they get clocked with one of AJ's shovels

Hope you have a cracking day out mate

Reactions: No7
If Klitschko has got anything left he will win. Joshua got sparked in sparring a while back off Daniel Dubois, doesn't take shots well.

If Klitschko has got anything left he will win. Joshua got sparked in sparring a while back off Daniel Dubois, doesn't take shots well.

Easy to hit to be fair. Robot in his movements, no head movement. He has been too used to walk forward and have nowt coming back.

Joshua will be knocked out in a fight soon. Great for betting as hes always heavy fav.

Klitschko was poor against Jennings the fight before Fury. It was his first fight in america for ages and the ref stopped his usual brilliant trick of leaning and pushing down the opponent which wears them out. He is a massive puncher and would not be surprised if he knocked out Joshua but i think hes going to be cagey and don't be surprised if this is a points win.

This for me.

Klitschko is 41 now and hasn't looked his best for a while, whereas Joshua is still only 27 and probably hasn't even peaked yet.

Joshua all day long for me.
See I absolutely disagree with that, people were saying how evergreen he was against Pulev and how he showed no signs of slowing down. The problem is because it was Tyson Fury who beat him (most people hate him), then it must be because Klitschko is over the hill etc. I hope Klitschko wins simply to show what an amazing achievement it was from Fury to beat him in Germany.

For the same money, you could have a 6month Sportsnation pass?

Really?
Klitchco has been an amazing champion for many years. And he's obviously motivated again. It'll be a massive win for AJ IF he wins.

He "was" a good champion however his best days are behind him now, He's been very inactive over the last couple of years which will go against him when the rounds start mounting up...

Reactions: PTR
He "was" a good champion however his best days are behind him now, He's been very inactive over the last couple of years which will go against him when the rounds start mounting up...
Although AJ has no real experience there either.

Its a great matchup, isn't it? One lad not quite at his peak, and the other is past his. Good time to meet.

Whyte caught him in their fight.

Joshua looked absolutely goosed at the end of the 2nd round that night. Obviously turned it around mind

That's the thing he got a smack didn't get floored aye of course didn't like got to the ropes covered up and got through it. Goes without saying it was gonna take a bit of time to recover and he had a quiet round or two but he came back and knocked Whyte out so

That's the thing he got a smack didn't get floored aye of course didn't like got to the ropes covered up and got through it. Goes without saying it was gonna take a bit of time to recover and he had a quiet round or two but he came back and knocked Whyte out so

I suppose it's a matter of judging how hard Whyte hit him. Whyte appeared to have power before the AJ fight, but doesn't seem to have showed any after it. It's still an unknown to be fair - all we do know is he can be hurt, what it takes is up for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back