Another US school shooting

High profile shootings in the 60s make the shooters celebrities? It would be interesting if the name of the shooter wasn't allowed to be used in the news stories. Not the total solution but every little helps.

It could be a factor. The Nixon era seems to have had a massive effect on America on so many levels, economically, corruption in government, murderous foreign policy, ramping up of cold war tensions. I think even intellectuals believed they were on the edge of disaster and that must have manifested in some crazy explanations for the state of the world. Rather than getting to grips with the schisms in society they appear to have got worse or maybe it's not as bad as portrayed in their and our media.

Many Americans have an obsession with assault rifles. They are built for no other purpose other than to kill humans or animals. It is insane that there are over 300 million guns in America. Hardly surprising that there are regular atrocities when you factor in the statistical likelihood of finding nutters in a similarly sized population of Americans.

As well as massacres in schools, don't they also have a ridiculously high rate of accidental shootings of friends and family?? Mistaken identity of house intruders, accidents at firing ranges etc. They truly are the masters of friendly fire.

The simple solution is just not to sell guns, although it would take generations to take full effect. As has been mentioned there first needs to be the motivation to want to put children's lives above the right to own a gun.

It could be a factor. The Nixon era seems to have had a massive effect on America on so many levels, economically, corruption in government, murderous foreign policy, ramping up of cold war tensions. I think even intellectuals believed they were on the edge of disaster and that must have manifested in some crazy explanations for the state of the world. Rather than getting to grips with the schisms in society they appear to have got worse or maybe it's not as bad as portrayed in their and our media.

Cold war paranoia is also probably a factor. "The Russians are coming!" is yet another excuse for people to hug their guns.

I don't think it's a solvable problem, especially now open carry allows the incel gammons to strut their stuff in public.

Back