Another US school shooting

Yup. Surely the goal must be to stop selling guns. Anything at all along the path towards that target is progress from what there is currently in USA.
What if in a democracy the vast majority of people want to own guns and the written constitution gives them that right?

Plenty of guns in Norway and Switzerland.

What if in a democracy the vast majority of people want to own guns and the written constitution gives them that right?

Plenty of guns in Norway and Switzerland.
Norway is a primarily secular country, same as Sweden. Crime in general tends to be lower when there is less hysteria around cults.
USA is unusual as the constitution in secular but the redneck Republican areas tend to be fundamentally religious (and mental!)
Maybe The Swiss are happy with their chocolate, mountains and gold reserves?

Norway is a primarily secular country, same as Sweden. Crime in general tends to be lower when there is less hysteria around cults.
USA is unusual as the constitution in secular but the redneck Republican areas tend to be fundamentally religious (and mental!)
That doesn't really answer the question. You said the goal needs to be stop selling guns. What if the punters are happy and vote for guns.

I cannot see any point in setting a goal that no one seems to want and isn't going to happen.

I agree Norway and Switzerland are not the USA.

I so love living where I live.:)

That doesn't really answer the question. You said the goal needs to be stop selling guns. What if the punters are happy and vote for guns.

I cannot see any point in setting a goal that no one seems to want and isn't going to happen.

I agree Norway and Switzerland are not the USA.

I so love living where I live.:)
True, there needs to be a desire to change. The mentality is strange - they'd rather have their guns than stop kids being shot in schools.

Last edited:
The older I get the more I think mentality is strange. Reading/listening to this. Fascinating but uses a lot of words for parts of the brain that I cannot get into my brain!
Logon or register to see this image
That is a brilliant book. Have you seen his lectures that are on YouTube? If you search his name and Sanford University he has his whole series on there. I love his style and he does dome really good examples. See if you get the answer to the series of numbers questions that he writes on the board.

That is a brilliant book. Have you seen his lectures that are on YouTube? If you search his name and Sanford University he has his whole series on there. I love his style and he does dome really good examples. See if you get the answer to the series of numbers questions that he writes on the board.
I'll keep it in mind but I'll finish the book first. I have the audible which I listen to when I'm walking and also read it. Fascinating stuff. love a book that changes my perception of life.

The daft thing is, a lot of the gun crime is in major cities, unrelated to the hillbilly types. Chicago had over 3000 shootings in 2020!!

If that is true then the control they are in favour is very very limited. There is not a chance that things will change any time soon.
Not while there's a filibuster in place in the senate, you won't any GQP senators to vote for gun reform, some center democrats in blue states won't even support it
Biden is limited by what he can do with executive orders

If it didn't change after Sandy Hook, Parkland, Columbine, the Pulse, Las Vegas, etc. it won't change in my lifetime

When its easier to buy a fire arm than to vote, your country is fucked

Back