Another Sunderland supporter gone to the SOL in the sky - my daddy my hero

Condolences Janey. I went through this with my Father this year, Had him live with me for 3 months then at his bedside in hospital for 5 days until he passed. Not nice.

So so sorry Janey. It’s times like this that puts life into perspective. You were clearly very very close to your dad. Genuinely thinking of you at this very sad time. x

I’ve sat and held his hand since Saturday morning, we lost him at 1.07 this morning.
I’m so glad for him, his deterioration was sudden in the end, he was canny on Friday, but it was awful these last 3 days watching him.
I’m heartbroken. My daddy my hero

Jane sorry I did not check PF much this week due to the international break and work commitments, but I am devastated for your loss. I hope you are okay as I can tell you strongly valued him in your life. He will be missed and whilst I know nothing can overcome that sense of loss, I hope the overwhelming support from the club and us on here helps you get through this. I hate cancer so much :(

The service is at 9.30 at Our Ladies Church, Washington Village, Sat 27th Oct.
The crem is private as in me only, but we will be driving around the SOL on the way to the crem xx
A fitting send off for a good man .

It's the little things that make such a big difference :cool:

Many condolences Janey. It was clear to us how much you loved him and I’m sure he knew it a hundred times more. It must have been a great comfort to him having those he loved most close by during his final days. I’m sure he’d be chuffed about his last trip by the SoL, hopefully the lads will do him proud later in the day. All the best and keep strong

I’ve sat and held his hand since Saturday morning, we lost him at 1.07 this morning.
I’m so glad for him, his deterioration was sudden in the end, he was canny on Friday, but it was awful these last 3 days watching him.
Just noticed this - havent been on here a great deal lately.
My thoughts are with you and your family Janey - take care.

Sad to hear about your loss Janey - I lost my Dad many, many years ago now, but I still think of him often, it's his fault I support SAFC.

Many condolences.

Back