Another Sunderland supporter gone to the SOL in the sky - my daddy my hero

I know I keep saying it, but the response I’ve had are so heartfelt, and genuinely comforting. I love that I’ve brought my daddy to people who didn’t know him. xx
As for our football club, and the hands it’s in, the content will stay between me and them, except to say I’ve had private messages from SD and the fans liaison officer and that they want to send a wreath. I’d stay League 1 forever, if it meant that personal touch between fans and owners continued.

I know I keep saying it, but the response I’ve had are so heartfelt, and genuinely comforting. I love that I’ve brought my daddy to people who didn’t know him. xx
As for our football club, and the hands it’s in, the content will stay between me and them, except to say I’ve had private messages from SD and the fans liaison officer and that they want to send a wreath. I’d stay League 1 forever, if it meant that personal touch between fans and owners continued.
I hope you didn't mind Janey, I contacted them on Tuesday to make them aware.

It’s a touch of class from the club and SD but under this regime it comes as no surprise.
I hope it helps to further galvanise you and your family janey.

I’ve sat and held his hand since Saturday morning, we lost him at 1.07 this morning.
I’m so glad for him, his deterioration was sudden in the end, he was canny on Friday, but it was awful these last 3 days watching him.
I’m heartbroken. My daddy my hero
Sorry to hear about your loss, I lost my mam last year so sort of know how you feel. It does get easier to deal with as time goes by

I've been away from here since Tuesday and this thread just caught my attention. My immediate reaction was to gasp. A bloke I've never met but I'm still feeling your loss tonight.

Keep going Janey. Time will be a great healer I'm sure as he continues to keep the red flag flying high from above.

God Bless.

RIP Daddy Janey.

It truly truly is. I can’t say enough how much the posts have helped me. And I’m so proud to say that after the mass, I’m taking him on his last journey to the crem, via the SOL. Just me and him (well and the priest and driver, they have to be there, obviously :)) one last time to his football club :cry::)

Class that mind.

I’ve sat and held his hand since Saturday morning, we lost him at 1.07 this morning.
I’m so glad for him, his deterioration was sudden in the end, he was canny on Friday, but it was awful these last 3 days watching him.
I’m heartbroken. My daddy my hero
My Gran went last week too, funeral yesterday. It's not nice - keep strong

It is, it’s his funeral at 9.30 next Saturday, me mam hates the crem, as good Catholic’s she wants him waved off from Church, so crem is private, me, with a detour around the SOL. Means I can have Prokofiev and wise men at Crem though. :)
Don't forget the Freddos mind. Lovely reading the comments about Mr Moran on FB

Back