Another Sunderland supporter gone to the SOL in the sky - my daddy my hero

I'm so sorry to hear that @janey The love and care you showed for him showed greatly in all the posts you made about him. I'm sure he left proud knowing that all that you did for him brought him such happiness.

I'll raise a Freddo in his honour this evening. Take care pet xx

I’ve sat and held his hand since Saturday morning, we lost him at 1.07 this morning.
I’m so glad for him, his deterioration was sudden in the end, he was canny on Friday, but it was awful these last 3 days watching him.
I’m heartbroken. My daddy my hero
Sad news Janey, RIP.

I’ve sat and held his hand since Saturday morning, we lost him at 1.07 this morning.
I’m so glad for him, his deterioration was sudden in the end, he was canny on Friday, but it was awful these last 3 days watching him.
I’m heartbroken. My daddy my hero

Oh god, sorry to hear that Janey. Been following your updates about him here and on Twitter and it's obvious what a great bloke he was and how much you loved him. I'm glad he's at peace now, and I'm glad that when he went you were there, knowing how much you love him will have meant the world to him, it's all any father can ask for. Take it easy Janey, and any time you need to get anything off your chest you can always do it here, or message any of us who will be happy to listen, even if we can't help. A big loss to the SAFC family but I'm sure he'll still be watching over the lads, and you! RIP

I wish I'd had the pleasure of meeting your Dad, Janey. He sounds like a great bloke.
My Dad died 14 years ago. A friend suggested keeping old video footage of good times, old photos too. For ages I couldn't watch them but now it's great not only to see him but to hear his voice. I couldn't see it at the time, but it was sage advice.
Peace be with your father, with you & yours.

Back