Another MLF Passes Away

I dont know him but as a fellow MLF r.i.p Davey.

You will have been a big help to him ,just talking about the lads etc you may not think it but god bless him looking after his wife day in day out would be taking its toll and your little chats about the lads will have perked him up , feel sad for his wife hope she gets the help and support she needs.

This everytime.
I always speak to elderly people and now my kids see why.
Some don’t even see anyone from one day to the next, they close their curtains and feel very much alone and vulnerable.
We can all show a little bit of kindness which goes a long way.

Old fella in my street lost his battle with Covid 19 today. I'm absolutely gutted. 99% of the conversations we had were about Sunderland. He's looked after his wife who has dementia for years, God knows what she'll do now.
RIP Davey :(
Fucks sake. This bastard thing. Sorry about the inappropriate language hoss. I’m sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. May he rest peacefully. Hopefully his wife will be well taken care of.
This everytime.
Some don’t even see anyone from one day to the next, they close their curtains and feel very much alone and vulnerable.
THIS ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆ Please. If you can. Costs nothing but can make a massive difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely lovely bloke always told me to keep my spirits up regarding Sunderland saying the good times will come eventually. He adored his wife and family. Every Sunday I'd see them all walking back from the duck without fail. Really gutted like life is a bitch ffs
Sorry to hear this mate , the tractors send thier condolences rip
Fucks sake. This bastard thing. Sorry about the inappropriate language hoss. I’m sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. May he rest peacefully. Hopefully his wife will be well taken care of.

THIS ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆ Please. If you can. Costs nothing but can make a massive difference.
Great post by SOT and yourself , as you say it cost's nothing.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the well wishes, I'll pass them on to his family when I see them. Sunderland fans never cease to amaze me, as well as the odd Swindon fan. He was genuinely one of the nicest blokes I've ever met, so sad

You know Mate we always moan about the bastards in the World but there are still some kind and wonderful people about.
All of us need a lift every now and again and just having a chat with someone or a laugh really is a tonic, particularly in the World right now which is throwing challenges at us all daily.
Ha’way the SMB and let’s forget that bastard result Saturday :)

Lovely lovely bloke always told me to keep my spirits up regarding Sunderland saying the good times will come eventually. He adored his wife and family. Every Sunday I'd see them all walking back from the duck without fail. Really gutted like life is a bitch ffs

RIP. Sounds a smashing bloke as most old pigment are.
This everytime.

After 206 days in isolation and shielding on my GP’s advice, I have come to learn, at 72 years old how vulnerable it can make you and how quickly you lose the habit of making contact with people, even with good neighbours. You even get frightened of going out and, so, stay trapped in the house. I really hope the wife of the lad that has died will get proper care.
Post#37 should have read “most old pitmen”. Apologies for the auto-correction.
RIP. Sounds a smashing bloke as most old pigment are.

After 206 days in isolation and shielding on my GP’s advice, I have come to learn, at 72 years old how vulnerable it can make you and how quickly you lose the habit of making contact with people, even with good neighbours. You even get frightened of going out and, so, stay trapped in the house. I really hope the wife of the lad that has died will get proper care.

Post#37 should have read “most old pitmen”. Apologies for the auto-correction.

Last edited:

Back