Another mass shooting in the USA

Access denied, just FYI.

I think one of the most worrying developments we are seeing in recent times - from ISIS through to Christchurch and now this - is how many people were lured into nonsense extremist fantasies online to the point where they commit these awful crimes.

The internet is the single most dangerous thing we have ever created.

There's a fairly valid argument that some of the loons in America should be made to view these videos. It may make them realise that having a Gun in your holster isn't going to mean jack when someone starts shooting at random like in one of these attacks.
But then again, these loons seem to be so far up their own backside about "their rights to have a gun" that even these videos wouldn't change their views.
So this is where I am going to disagree with you to a point.

Yeah a gun isn't going to jack for you if you are the first person shot indiscriminately and you have no idea it happened... effectively dead before you know what has happened. Now if you are not that victim, being armed and skilled with your gun would in theory give you an opportunity to end the situation as it happens. The reports of a former police officer working security shooting the Buffalo shooter multiple times didn't help because the guy was wearing an armoured vest that meant he could take those shots.

As for the loons up their own backsides, there are approximately 180 million gun owners in the USA right now (40% of the population) while I agree that proper checks and limitations should be in place, I'd disagree that you take the rights of all for the actions of an unhinged tiny minority.
You stand for public office mate
Perfectly reasonable argument
Ruled out for this very reason mate.

here man in one of those big whatsapp groups, someone forwarded a video of this, luckily I clocked the supermarket at the start so managed to get rid immediately

however, why would people wanna send that to others on whatsapp man

and secondly, how the fuck is that getting leaked initially man?
It was live steamed one one of the biggest social media platforms on earth. It appears 2 mins in the platform somehow realised what was going on and stopped it. It’s one of the many dangers of having a pubic platform that live streams.

Yeah a gun isn't going to jack for you if you are the first person shot indiscriminately and you have no idea it happened... effectively dead before you know what has happened. Now if you are not that victim, being armed and skilled with your gun would in theory give you an opportunity to end the situation as it happens. The reports of a former police officer working security shooting the Buffalo shooter multiple times didn't help because the guy was wearing an armoured vest that meant he could take those shots.
But surely if there were no guns or very tight controls, you wouldn't need armed and experienced people around just in case some nutter goes around with an assault rifle.

Video is crazy, man. Looked like was playing Call of Duty.

Saying ‘sorry’ to a prone white guy was more chilling than him shooting people, though. Just shows how racially motivated it was and how he saw the non-white people as fair game.

this just gets more absurd, what a f***ing country...
up to six people were chatting away in a white nationalist forum (as you do) when the killer told them his plans. none of them, including and ex FBI agent called the authorities, none of them

I used to go regularly to Washington County where this factory shooting happened. It is a very right-wing Republican area, I have seen the county capital Hagerstown on the news a couple of times showing Trump visiting and also KKK activity. The police emblem even has a historical figure holding a rifle. On my first visit, one of my hosts asked me 'Is it true you are not allowed to have a gun in England?" When I explained about our gun laws, he replied "Gee, that's bad, I have six!"

Drink driving is common; I asked the hotel receptionist about getting a taxi downtown and she had to ask her colleague who started flicking through a pile of business cards and started looking on the internet. Drink driving and gun ownership is a deadly combination and people should bear this in mind if someone cuts in front of them; over there you could be shot dead after getting into an argument.

Another tale: a client from County Durham was visiting his supplier near Detroit who took him to a sort of nightclub type bar. Upon entering they were asked 'are you carrying?' His host had to leave his gun in the cloakroom. So some bars/nightclubs effectively have a cloakroom for guns.

Back