Another mass shooting in the USA

Another tale: a client from County Durham was visiting his supplier near Detroit who took him to a sort of nightclub type bar. Upon entering they were asked 'are you carrying?' His host had to leave his gun in the cloakroom. So some bars/nightclubs effectively have a cloakroom for guns.
I have a photo, I think it's in the UK on my old laptop, it's a sign I saw in a bar window "Please check in your guns" or similar wording.

In Texas it’s illegal to carry a gun in a bar, you cannot ‘check” them. However, there is a 51% law which states that if a bar or restaurant derives 51% of it’s income from alcohol sales, guns are not allowed by law. (They display a big 51% sign on the doorway, or adjacent to it.)
But if you are in a restaurant that sells alcohol but does not derive 51% of it’s income from alcohol sales, guns are allowed, even at the bar.

Light at the end of the tunnel?

My moronic senator

In Texas it’s illegal to carry a gun in a bar, you cannot ‘check” them. However, there is a 51% law which states that if a bar or restaurant derives 51% of it’s income from alcohol sales, guns are not allowed by law. (They display a big 51% sign on the doorway, or adjacent to it.)
But if you are in a restaurant that sells alcohol but does not derive 51% of it’s income from alcohol sales, guns are allowed, even at the bar.
Crackers.

Took this in the lobby of Great Wolf Lodge in Minneapolis a couple of years ago. For a bit of context, this is a chain of water parks in the US that is entirely targeted at kids and families - all of their blurb mentions "family" and play and fun. Good to see they need to mention this ahead of smoking

Sure I read somewhere that it's not even classed as a "mass shooting" until you kill at least 4 people. 😳
If there are 4 or more people killed or injured, not counting the shooter(s), then it is classed as a mass shooting.
A bit more on shootings here, every day 321 people are shot and killed. 75 of that total is suicide related.
It’s f***ing nuts.
;
;
;
;

Last edited:
If there are 4 or more people killed or injured, not counting the shooter(s), then it is classed as a mass shooting.
A bit more on shootings here, every day 321 people are shot and killed. 75 of that total is suicide related.
It’s f***ing nuts.
;
;
;
;

I've a friend who lived in Denver, she's recently just moved to Arizona to get away from the crime. They legalised weed and the whole state went to shit within 5 years.

It’s f***ing nuts.
;
;
;
;

The Chesapeake one is on my doorstep…. Mile and a half from home and a store I was in that day.
Saw on my neighborhood app last night reports of gunfire as I was going to bed… worked up to a phone full of messages making sure I was ok.

Back