Another knife attack in london

Why would he have a gun pointed at him? For no insurance? A taser was an appropriate amount of kit and has been used correctly and effectively. AFOs carry taser as well for a reason.
I havent yet seen a report stating that the driver had to go back to the van to get a machete?

Cant be cuffing everyone. Sometimes routine insurance stops are simply down to number pkate changes etc. Fancy having cuffs stuck on you straight away because your insurance company forgot to change your insurance to your private plate?
It's actually stated in the op link.

When they spoke to the driver he became "quite aggressive" and returned to his van before "a violent struggle", Det Ch Supt Tucker said

Iā€™ve said for a long time that standard procedure for stops of this sort should be the US model i.e. handcuffs on until the situation is established. Might not be so easy to do with single handed unarmed copper though.

The police in the US are becoming increasing militarised. It's a problem

Ex-soldiers joining the force and still behaving like Rambos.

Their policing is very poor and aggressive in the extreme

The police in the US are becoming increasing militarised. It's a problem

Ex-soldiers joining the force and still behaving like Rambos.

Their policing is very poor and aggressive in the extreme
I'm not advocating heavy handedness but I used to watch the 'Cops' series and it always looked as if the public just accepted it as the norm. That was several years ago though so I suppose the situation has changed considerably, especially when you get the President tacitly asking them to rough people up.

Back