Another Josh Maja

Last edited:

Didn’t Donald say he had been offered what he asked for? Someone’s telling porkies.
Yeah, eventually but it took a while to come. I don't blame Donald, when he first came in to the club, sorting out the contract of a player who had scored 1 goal was hardly a priority given everything that was going on.

Maja should have been tied up to a longer contract by the previous regime.

Him and his mate (ASzoro) left as soon as they could after we went down to L1. For Maja, that was six months after, having scored 17 goals in that time. By that time, he only had 6 months left on his contract and had fucked the club about via his agent. Thanks for the goals Josh but this is pure BS, arsehole.

No doubt he will get his mega-money move next summer, if he does even reasonably well.

I would think the agent, who doubtless got a huge fee for his move, is more likely to have lied. Also I imagine if we'd offered Maja in September what we offered in December he'd probably have signed. Takeover, for that one thing, happened at the wrong time
No one the season before would have hung their hat on Maja. Hence him getting into the final year of his contract. Bain is the bloke to blame for dragging his heels over both Maja and the lad who went to Swansea.

He did want to stay but was offered more money. If you were working for Nissan and loved it (lol) but Ferrari offered you a massive amount more..?
I’d leave for Ferrari but wouldn’t then do an interview claiming I loved Nissan so much but left because they didn’t pay me what I wanted.
Imagine you own a company and a little apprentice is doing a half decent job for a few months but then demands a massive pay rise!

Him and his mate (ASzoro) left as soon as they could after we went down to L1. For Maja, that was six months after, having scored 17 goals in that time. By that time, he only had 6 months left on his contract and had fucked the club about via his agent. Thanks for the goals Josh but this is pure BS, arsehole.

No doubt he will get his mega-money move next summer, if he does even reasonably well.
SAFC got rid of him 12 months previously.
No one the season before would have hung their hat on Maja. Hence him getting into the final year of his contract. Bain is the bloke to blame for dragging his heels over both Maja and the lad who went to Swansea.
His contract HAD expired. SAFC had let it run out and released him. Then after the relegation clear out they realised they had no one to play upfront in preseason so got him back on a one year deal. Both parties were desperate. He’d seen how Micky mouse safc had been for years. Who on earth would blame him for leaving.....he’d involuntarily left once already.

Last edited:
Cost the club promotion and the owner his payday.
The whole thing was amateur hour.
Looking back it was classic Donald

"Well, um, we can sell the incredibly prolific striker we have now and buy one that scored 25 once for a completely different team. I saw it once on Football Manager"

"Really? Football Manager would punish such simplistic thinking, especially if that player was injured"

"Silence Stripper Wife!"

His career hasn't been boosted that much. How many games has he been involved in?

Nearly all of them when fit. I take it this is a question asked without knowing the answer. He's gone from being first choice due to I juries at a third division club to second choice at a top division club. Albeit the French top division is probably not as good as the English top division

I agree. I don't blame Donald for not increasing his offer in September. Though I would have. I was shouting for him to be picked in the championship. His finishing has been superb since Defoe spent all that time with him and asoro

Last edited:

Back