Another Gym Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RayBan

How many reps should i be doing for each exercise?

I'm doing 5 sets of 10 reps for each exercise.............is that too much???

body builders would tend to rep between 8-12 in 3 sets.

power lifters tend to do lower reps, between 3-5 for maybe 5 sets.

5x10 is a lot IMO but depends on your goals.

Those are way too many reps IF your looking to get bigger, lift heavier with less reps for size increase.

cheers.

in answer to you all, i'm not built like Arnie, probably just looking to be bigger, always had a skinny frame, i have got bigger..........but was just paranoid i was over doing the sets.

cheers.

in answer to you all, i'm not built like Arnie, probably just looking to be bigger, always had a skinny frame, i have got bigger..........but was just paranoid i was over doing the sets.
looking to get bigger i'd try 3x8, obviously upping the weight you've been using atm.

ok so what about toning up, losing weight from arms and legs? what shoud di be doing? i am doing 3 sets of 15 reps with a low weight

cheers.

then just continue whatever it is you're doing

ok so what about toning up, losing weight from arms and legs? what shoud di be doing? i am doing 3 sets of 15 reps with a low weight
its incredibly hard for women to gain any significant muscle mass, i'd up the weight and lower the reps.

but you can't spot lose fat.

its incredibly hard for women to gain any significant muscle mass, i'd up the weight and lower the reps.

Woman in the gym yesterday, was squatting more than me! :oops:

I do have a fucked back mind, so have to take things a bit slowly, and she wasnt going right down, even with the instructor showing her!

To get bigger, follow the rep range Ross gave. BUT, make sure form is bang on.

Other than that, eat big.

no i know, but those are the machines i am using, for arms and legs.
i do classes and swimming and gym too as it's an all over body fat reduction i want, i was just wondering about if my weight and reps seemed right.

i will up the weight and lower the reps, cheers

Its a very difficult concept or appears to be for women, but remember the hole in your face is larger than the one in your arse.

Woman in the gym yesterday, was squatting more than me! :oops:

I do have a fucked back mind, so have to take things a bit slowly, and she wasnt going right down, even with the instructor showing her!
my ex wife would bench 2 plates either side and squat 3 at just over 8 stone in weight

no i know, but those are the machines i am using, for arms and legs.
i do classes and swimming and gym too as it's an all over body fat reduction i want, i was just wondering about if my weight and reps seemed right.

i will up the weight and lower the reps, cheers
try free weights, its better for you as you use more stabilising muscles, thus burning more calories in the process. Try a full body routine with compound movements in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back