Another day another grooming gang....

The stuff about the church (or the Scouts, or the BBC) points to something really important that can get forgotten about by the racial/cultural angle.

But first I'm going to get this out of the way: there is a significant and abhorrent problem with a cultural group(s) - mostly Pakistani and Bangladeshi - disproportionately responsible for certain kinds of appalling sex crimes which is shameful and desperately needs to be stamped out and punished, and it is equally shameful that authorities have failed children for years in doing anything about it. It seems unarguable that there political dimensions to this, played out through local politics, the influence of local politics on the police, and the fact that much of this might well be simply about votes.

I don't want to sound as if I'm minimising any of that. But equally, I think it's important also (not instead of, also) to recognise the parallel problem, which helped allow the abusers from these groups to do it with impunity. And that's the absolute contempt for children within the care system. That's been going on for decades, and is why children were being systematically abused and shared about to be abused in the 60s and 70s when it sure wasn't men of Pakistani descent doing most of it.

Children in care are often troubled, or difficult, or drawn to risk-taking behaviour like drink, drugs or promiscuity, which is no surprise given the trauma many of them have gone through. But that's no excuse for the authorities for decades viewing them as disposable, troublesome shit, dehumanising them. 'They're just slags' is the mindset that allowed Rochdale and all of the others to happen. They're just troublemakers. They know what they're doing. All of that. Police, social workers, local authorities...its clear that they just didn't care about kids from the lowest end of the social spectrum. You see it in a different context in Ireland in the Magdalen Laundries.

If this had been Helen and Francesca from the grammar school repeated over and over again, it wouldn't have been ignored.

And the intersection of that contempt with the growth of a cultural group that saw these girls as fair game, and also saw them as easy and safe game because no one cared about them - not their families, not the people meant to be protecting them - created the perfect storm. And so Rochdale. And Manchester. And everywhere else.

tl/dr: it's f***ing appalling, start to finish.
Cock on.

Made a labour peer in ‘98, let’s hope none of the allegations stem from before that time as it wouldn’t have a good reflection on either the police for ignoring them or the the Labour Party for awarding a peerage to someone with allegations like this against his name...I see his two brothers are up on charges too, quite the close knit family it seems!

Why has this been bought up today? The original tweet is almost a year old. Has he finally got to court?
Because this was posted by Nawaz today.

A video of the same bloke back in 2015 sat next to a police chief being reminded by a member of the public that girls under 16 can't consent to sex.

The police chiefs response.....We've had training and now understand that :oops:

Ella hill (one of the victims), taking apart one of the standard fluff pieces pretending this has nothing to do with religion or beliefs

Last edited:

Back