Another car thread...

Lukas73

Striker
because we needed one...

Was speaking to a guy the other day about Peugeot’s, he loves his...I told him I’d never buy another french car, but he said Peugeot’s reliability levels have vastly improved and winning awards etc...

Just wonders what’s people’s recent experiences were with French car companies in general and if they’ve improved their products....and most importantly are you happy with it..

I had an old Citroen C4 and it was bloody awful, styling was great but as a technical product it was shite...

because we needed one...

Was speaking to a guy the other day about Peugeot’s, he loves his...I told him I’d never buy another french car, but he said Peugeot’s reliability levels have vastly improved and winning awards etc...

Just wonders what’s people’s recent experiences were with French car companies in general and if they’ve improved their products....and most importantly are you happy with it..

I had an old Citroen C4 and it was bloody awful, styling was great but as a technical product it was shite...
ordures

You can get a 2017/2018 Peugeot 2008 under warranty with about 15k on the clock for around £9k.

I looked at them but boot space is putting me off.

because we needed one...

Don’t buy French cars. Electrics are shite.

I had a c4 coupe and it was a nightmare for repairs.

I reckon the entire car was required by the time I got rid of it

They come with a 3 year warranty so you’re covered, that’s the first point.

Plus, as with all manufacturers, the majority are well built cars with zero problems and the ones with problems are generally the exception.

Peugeot 2008 was possibly the worst hire car I’ve ever driven. Gutless and with diabolical handling. Adding in the illogical controls / entertainment system it didn’t make an enjoyable drive.

Well yeah. :lol:
but you did say the engine was shite. I ran a couple of citroens under a grand for cheap transport for years when I was skint. Got me through a rough financial patch. Complete clown cars inside but kept rolling :cool:
I've just got rid of my sons 207 which he had for two years. Cost a grand to buy but I spent more than that on repairs (not the engine) in the time we had it.
We had a 3008 at work last year and that was a lovely car to drive

My one litre French shitbox is a shitbox for certain but reliability wise, little complaint.

It’s had one new set of headlight bulbs and one door catch replaced in four years/56k miles.

(Obviously brakes, tyres, filters, oils etc)

Last edited:

Back